Motherboard Mystery....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard Mystery....

i have a gigabyte P35C-DS3R with a q6600 cpu 36gb raptor evga 8600gts 6OO ocz stealthstream and two pioneer 115 ide dvd burners . when both dvd burners are connected as master and slave to the only ide socket the burning fails at about two percent and the system hangs till i force a reboot but if i remove the slave burner the burn goes perfectly.. i am using both nero 7 and imageburn also if i connect my external pioneer burner i also get failures and the burner spits out the disc.. the both burners are dma enabled .. should i replace the two ide pioneers for two sata burners instead... i have tried reinstalling the burning software but with the same results .. does this boards controllers just not like two ide burners ? i have uninstalled the controller drivers and reinstalled them with the same results..thanks in advance....

Re: Motherboard Mystery....

I would first try disconnecting the external one, and then disabling "Legacy USB storage Dectect" in the bios, and then be sure the drives (Internal IDE Only) are seen and set properly in the BIOS and then try one more burn and see if that helps. I would also try them separately as well before going and buying 2 new SATA drives, you may need only 1

There is another user here also having IDE issues with the same board, so It could be a Board specific issue with IDE
    GIGABYTE needs no introduction but they are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products!

Comment

Working...
    X