p35-ds3l rev2.0 wont boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p35-ds3l rev2.0 wont boot

Hey everyone, I'm new to the tomshardware forums. After searching the web for days I've not found an answer to my problem.

I have a system running a GA-P35-DS3L with a 2.4 ghz Q6600. It ran great for about 3 months. Last week when I went to power on, the computer remained at the bios screen (where it says press del to enter setup, f9 for Xpressrecovery2, etc..) and wouldnt boot up windows. Unfortunately, the guy I had build my computer didn't feel like installing my <nobr>speaker</nobr> and now its lost. So I may or may not be hearing a series of beeps that would diagnose the problem.

After that I booted back up, and after a long wait at the bios screen, I was able to get to the windows loading screen where it stayed for a good 10 minutes before booting into windows. After that I formatted and everything seemed to be working again. Until I restarted after installing drivers and software. The computer went back to long waits at the bios and windows loading screens. I've tried formatting multiple times and I keep getting the same results.

I thought that maybe I should try flashing my bios, but I have no floppy drive. I found information on how to make a bootable CD and have done so. The CD does work as a boot disk, but I can't get it to read in Q-flash. When I enter Q-flash, it only lets me choose A as my drive rather than R... and when I just press any key to boot from Cd it takes me to a weird screen.

Anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Re: p35-ds3l rev2.0 wont boot

ok heres what it says when i boot from Cd

Boot from CD/DVD:

1. FD 1.44 MB System Type
    Caldera DR-DOS

CD-ROM Device Driver for IDE (four Channels Supported)
    Driver Version: V340
    Device Name: TOMATO
    No drives found, aborting installation

Device Drive not foudn 'TOMATO'
    No valid CDROM device drivers selected

The Bootfiles are in drive letter A:
    Your bios utilities are in drive letter R:

strike a key when ready...

then when I strike a key, it gives me the A:/>_ prompt

sorry if this is a total novice question, but I don't really have any experience doing this. thanks for anybody taking the time to read this.

Comment

You can boot from USB device to flash in qflash, put your Newer BIOS on there and boot into Qflash. It will show up as a hard disk, you will need to look thru them if there is 2 until you see your BIOS file. You may need to enable Legacy USB storage Detect in the BIOS. Disable this when you are done. It is in Integrated Peripherals page

Have you done any changes such as overclocking in the MIT section? If so, you may need some memory timings or voltage adjustments. If not, you will still likely need some memory adjustments once you get it all going again. Incorrect memory timings can slow slings down, cause BSOD's ect, and so can incorrect voltages which cause the memory to error

If you do not need to flash your BIOS then post back your settings for me and I will see if I see any errors, Also let me know what RAM you are using >>>

(copy and paste back your settings, remove anything you do not see in MIT section. This is just a copy of some of my older settings, do not think these are suggested or anything)

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
      CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
      CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
      CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
      C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
      System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
      DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
      Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
      Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
      Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
      ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
      Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
      Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
      Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
      Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
      Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
      DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
      PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
      FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
      (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
      CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Comment

One of my fwens had the same problem...We found out that the hard drive he had was faulty, the long wait at the beginning is telling u the motherboard is trying to detect the hard drive. BTW r u running an IDE or SATA hdd?

Also, the hard drive explains y ur winxp boot time was so long, it must have some sort of fault, even after reformatting several times. If u hav a spare hard drive laying around i suggest trying it and seeing what happens.
        Asrock P55-Extreme
        Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
        2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
        ASUS HD5850
        1TB Samsung SATA II
        Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Yeap, could have bad sectors! Drives are pretty cheap if you live in the US, a Seagate 250GB is about 55$ if you got the cash.

If not you could try installing on a older one if you have, but SATA is the way to go for sure

Comment

Working...
          X