X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Dual Lan on Ex38 DS4

Was wondering how do you setup the dual lan feature on the motherboard

Re: Setting up Dual Lan on Ex38 DS4

Well, You will need to check in your manual about enabling both ports, Im not sure if they are both by default is why I say that. And if not you will need to enable them in the BIOS.

You will not get Double the bandwidth just so you know, you will spit it in two. Here is how thru ICS you share your connection
    Windows XP Home Networking: Building Network Bridges

I think that is what you are looking for. I am not sure, I just thought I would drop in some info so It didnt look as if I was ignoring your post.

Hopefully some other user here will help you more as I have not used a DUAL LAN board so I am clueless

Comment

Well I know one thing: Trying to enable both LANS while installing Fedora 8 Linux turned out to be a Mission Impossible

It is not known why

Finally resolved the issue by inserting a separate PCI network adapter, while disabling one of the onboard ports. The other port being ENABLED.

Only with Win XP/Vista does the dual LAN setup work like its supposed to on an EX38-DS4 mobo.

Oh well.... No big deal - nothing to lose a lot of sleep over.
      Last edited by RJD1212; 05-12-2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Ahh well It is just likely a linux/driver issue then. Well at least you can use it in xp/vista properly

Comment

Working...
        X