X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 not Booting

Last edited by jay1f; 05-14-2008, 02:47 AM. Reason: more info

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 not Booting

Well cpu fan is the only one that HAS to be plugged in. Can you test those components in a different system? The graphics card and ram mainly is what I am asking

Can you get into the BIOS? And do you have a case speaker plugged in at all? If not there wont be any beeps until you do, which I suggest you get they are cheap you can get one on ebay if you want. Or you could cut up some old heaphones or something like that and hook up, if you know how to make some wires to properly plug it in, if not you will need to buy one.

If you can get in the BIOS let me know, because with 2X2Gb ram you need to make some changes for it to run. You could also try with just one stick in slot one to see for now if that helps, if nothing I would say to check the ram on another system and graphics card to be sure they are ok. Then we will go from there

Comment

Well i took out all the wires and just cpu and the internal

speakers then plug in the 8pin ATX and 24pin from psu. Power

it on then wait for the beep sound but No!! Also i did reset

the bios but nothing happened. So i figured something is

wrong either with the cpu or mobo. I went out to get another

mobo and do that again but no beep sound! It just not going

to POST screen with two mobo. It probably might be a

defective cpu!! So i'm gonna sent back the cpu and get a new

one! :(

Comment

Yeah sounds that way then. Unless your board needs a BIOS newer then those have for that CPU, which you would need a older CPU to find out

Comment

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 not running POSTing screen

Hi

Had the same issue!!!!!!!!! Used two high end video cards ATI X1950XTX and BFG 8800GTX OC and two Phenom cpus 9500 and 9850 with the results you are experiencing. I know Gigabyte says you need the most recent bios for the 9850, but my DS5 found it with an earlier bios. I am returning mine for a full refund, I figured out tearing down and reuilding my system 4 times is enough.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X