Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does RMA fix DS3R endless reboot problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does RMA fix DS3R endless reboot problem?

I just put together a pc with a EP35-DS3R v2.1 and I'm having the endless reboot problem. It sounds like a pretty common problem, but have people who have exchanged/RMAed their board had the problem fixed with the replacement board? I'm thinking about paying the restocking fee and just getting a different board since I don't want to deal with getting another bad board.

My system specs, in case someone has any additional insight:

EP35-DS3R v2.1 (I don't know the bios version since I've never been able to post)
    E8400 with Zalman CNPS9700
    2x2gb Corsair DDR2 800 (TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX)
    Gigabyte 8800GT (GV-NX88T512HPV1)

I've tried clearing the CMOS, booting with only the cpu, gpu, and ram installed, using only one stick of ram, switching ram slots, and I always get the same result.

Re: Does RMA fix DS3R endless reboot problem?

I would say try a stick of different brand ram first, unless you are in a hurry to return it

Comment

What kind of ram should I try in it? Is there a particular brand that gives the best results?

Comment

No, but some do have issues and I personally think the brand you have is one of them.

I can suggest a few things for you though to see if it will help your issue. For 4GB of ram you need to bum MCH to +1-1.5 and you need at least 52-62 or more Refresh to act Cycle. You should also get Static tRead Value off of 6 if you have it there, try 7-10 or so for now

If you do want my personal suggestion for ram that I know is 100% compatible it is Mushkins, G.Skills. Geil also is good with GA boards.

Just personal findings, not supported by GA or anyone else, just me and what I know from helping others, and reading millions of threads and see RMA's replaced with different ram due to incompatibility issues work out perfectly
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-30-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X