X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to flash/update Backup-BIOS GA-X48-DQ6

Hello,

this is Robert from Berlin/Germany.

I am happy about my very stable new GA-X48-DQ6. I flashed the F7-BIOS and everything works fine like DES Advanced too. The new "Update CPU microcode Wolfdale/Yorkfield E0-stepping CPU" is also integrated. But how about the Backup-BIOS? If I put in a new EO-CPU and the Backup-BIOS is not actual, so how can it work if the Main-BIOS fails?

My question:
    How can I flash/update the Backup-BIOS of my GA-X48-DQ6? Because there is no option in Q-Flash like my old GA-965P-DQ6...

Thanks for your answer and help.

Robert

Re: How to flash/update Backup-BIOS GA-X48-DQ6

Hello,

there are 185 views but no reply!?

Is my question too stupid or does nobody knows how to flash the Backup-BIOS?

Now I want to put the new E0-Stepping-8600 in, but the Backup-BIOS still remains in version F6 which does not support this new CPU.

Thanks for your reply.

Greetings Robert

Comment

May I ask if you used QFlash to flash the bios? Maybe the backup bios works only as a backup of the current BIOS? Sorry I can't answer your question.

Comment

You should clear your CMOS fully in Qflash and flash in the newer BIOS you want to use, then it should copy over into the backup after a successful reboot

You cannot do it yourself it is done automatically. If you have to you can use the DOS utility and force it to clear the CMOS and DMI using /cc and /cd and also use /sn so it does not keep existing bios. I am not sure if these affect the dual chip right away or not though. You may need to flash it a time or two.

You may not have to be so worried though, I have seen several people using older BIOS's that do not support the CPU as listed on the site. So you would likely be fine, if you are worried you should keep a old 775 laying around. but I think after a few flashes/clearing CMOS and using the system a bit it should copy over the newer BIOS

Comment

Here you can see how to flash the backup-bios of the X58-Series on your own risk. Maybe it will be the same way for P45 or X48.

"You can use BIOS build-in Q-Flash utility, or Window based @BIOS utility to update BIOS. After Main BIOS update successfully, system will reboot and during POST, please press Alt + F12 key to update Backup BIOS"

Greetings da-ro-sa

Comment

Working...
          X