team xtreem dark on ep45 DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: team xtreem dark on ep45 DS3R

yeah it sounds like 3 is bad to me... probably a bad solder or a bad pin in the slot... dont worry... its covered by warranty if you want to RMA it, but if your only using 2 sticks id just live with it and wait till you get a new board (unless you want 8 gigs of RAM)

Comment

@bongwizard

thanks for your input :)

Comment

So, did you decide to RMA your board or what happened? Anymore tests?

Comment

LSD

yeah i RMA my board yesterday.. im successfull in explaining the problem. they actually notice'd the defect. slot 3 is the problem they said they will let the distibutor(asiantech philippines) talk to me directly if asiantech did not noticed the problem.

the slot 3 is booting upto 854 mhz only but other slot can go 1066 or more on my memory.

they said RMA will be 7-10 days only.

Comment

Hey, well that is pretty fast for a RMA. Glad to see they didn't give you any hassle with it all. Did you have them come here and read this thread at all? Or did they even have to?

Good luck in getting a Fast RMA!!

Comment

yeah its pretty fast.. they also said that if they recieved the board earlier than expected they will call me asap.

the service technichian there dont have any idea on over clocking i even bring my rams, and procie. and we also test it on a e8400 c2 duo just for them to feel we dont do the overclocking..

i tried to explain to them that my e4300 core 2 duo is only 1.8ghz 200 mhz cpu frequency and cannot optimize a ddr2 1066 unless you will overclock the processor a bit. 1066 rams needs atleast 266 mhz cpu frequency right? :)

yeah the shop where i bought it from have an account at TipidPC.com | Buy and Sell Computer Hardware, Parts and Peripherals i tried to send them a message and the message contains a link from this forum. but they didnt reply.

so i call their costumer service to talk to them and go there directly. and test the board itself.

yeah i hope it will be fast as they said it will be.. lol.. because i have no computer right now.. this is my dads computer im using.

thanks LSD.

ill keep this updated.

Comment

Yeah you need at least 266 FSB with the 4.00 ram multi to even reach 1066 ram speed.

Ya, email support often is much slower then speaking with someone on the phone or In person, at least you went in and they seemed to tell you it wont take very long for the RMA. That is good

Good luck, and ya please post back when you get up and running again

Comment

LSD i have a question

we are wondering why the power led is blinking instead of being steady while the computer is powered on, while the manual says blinking power led blinks only while on s3 sleep state.

we have a forum in TipidPC.com | Buy and Sell Computer Hardware, Parts and Peripherals a group of people who own a ep45 gigabyte and we all have thesame issues.. its not a problem though its just the power led but why is it blinking?
                  Last edited by harry23lim; 10-01-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Does everyone have it hooked up properly? I mean to the correct place on the board, as there is 2 places for Power LED's to be connected. I guess both should work but just wondered which you guys were using. There is pins in the front panel header and a separate System power LED header.

Everyone sure they have them hooked up properly? And you are not talking any DQ6 boards are you?

But both have the same actions, Manual says The light should be off when in S3 sleep mode >>>

The LED is on when the system is operating.
                    The LED keeps blinking when the system is in S1 sleep state.
                    The LED is off when the system is in S3/S4 sleep state or powered off (S5).
                    Is anyone using S1 sleep? If so tell them to switch to S3 or no sleep in the BIOS and be sure everyone using the latest BIOS as it has fixed S3 sleep

I have seen a few who have DES installed and it blinks every 4 seconds to show DES is installed and working (C1E and EIST enabled). So these users, and yourself, have DES installed and or EIST and C1E enabled? If so disable them and see if it remains on, if so that is it. Uninstall DES and you will be all set
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-02-2008, 04:41 AM.

Comment

LSD thanks

we all used the correct header. because the standalone power led header got 3 pins and its not a good idea to put it there :)

nope im not talking about DQ6 only ds3r and ep45c ds3r

we are not using s1,s3,s4 sleep i talking about The LED is on when the system is operating but in our case its blinking

i will try to off the des, eist, C1e lol i still have no board ill let the others try what you have said haha :P

Comment

You can use the 3 pin one, the first pin is+ and the second and third is -

But yeah the front panel header is best to use.

Ya, I think it is the DES and EIST and C1e since you have it installed

Comment

LSD my board is back at last. the distro and the shop are so stupid they returned the defective board after 12 days and the distibutor said that my board has no problem so we tested it again at shop where i bought it. and for the second time i proved it again to be defective. and they replaced my board with a brandnew one early this morning.

Comment

Nice to hear, I mean that you finally got a new one not that it was a long wait.

So how it it working for you? Good I hope

Comment

Working...
                            X