Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P35 boards with S3 (sleep) issues. How many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35 boards with S3 (sleep) issues. How many?

Hello,
    I got my board (see sig) three months ago and I am very satisfied with the OC results - completely stable.
    The only thing is annoying me is the fact of don't have the sleep mode working if you have it overclocked.
    Tried everything, enabling/desabling BIOS USB modes, HPET modes, CPU Function (C1E, TM2, EIST) with no success.
    I already shared my frustration with Lsdmeasap but we would know how much P35's fellows are suffering from same "disease".

Some uncommon factors that I detected:
    1- Voltage measured in sleep mode with external voltmeter over the RAM is about 1.92v, very high for a DDR3. Under normal operation the voltage is exactly that displayed in BIOS, 1.6V.
    2- If the sleep duration is under 20 seconds, the computer can return from S3 normally, no matter what.
    3- More than 20 seconds of sleep the mobo enters in the well know endless boot loop. The only way to recover it is disconnecting the power cord. So, it do return to life but with the CPU Host Control in AUTO, not more overclocked.
    4- If overclocked but the FSB is under 300MHz, approximately, the sleep mode will work. With one MHz above of such figure you will get a failure.

I hope that Gigabyte could help P35 owners like they did for the new P45 mobos.

Thanks,

Sergio
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Re: P35 boards with S3 (sleep) issues. How many?

Wow, I thought these issues were resolved for the P35 *before* they got to the P43/P45 problem. Very few P35 users seemed to be chiming in on the P45/S3 thread (if any). It will be interesting to see if others are seeing your problem. The P45 BIOS fix seems to have done the trick.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

The problem is, all P35 are being discontinued and replaced by P45 ones, my mobo EP35C-DS3R is now out-of-stock in Newegg.
      In many IT forums we see lots of P35 mobos owners giving up and buying from other competitors and chipsets. I am starting to asking myself why I didn't do the same...
      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
      Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Email Sent about this, I'll keep you posted. All boards have their own quirks, if it isn't one thing, it is surely another

Comment

Thanks LSD, great support from you, as usual.
          i5-4690K + Corsair H90
          Sapphire Radeon R7 240
          Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Anytime man, Ill let ya know soon as I hear something.

Comment

Count me amoung the P35 users still with sleep problems. Sleep and/or Hybrid sleep will not work. When resuming, my computer starts (fans & hard drives spin up) but my monitor stays black. The computer will then turn itself on and off constantly until I pull the power plug - then I can do a normal boot.

I have tried BIOS f7, f10, f11, f12, f13, and f14 beta, plus every settings change and tweak I've read on this forum & on the net - all with no luck. FWIW sleep mode on my old Asus board worked flawlessly.
              GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by jgarland View Post
                Count me amoung the P35 users still with sleep problems. Sleep and/or Hybrid sleep will not work. When resuming, my computer starts (fans & hard drives spin up) but my monitor stays black. The computer will then turn itself on and off constantly until I pull the power plug - then I can do a normal boot.
                Hi jgarland,

Just to clarify and uniformize the issue, this happens only under OC. With stock voltages and frequencies, the S3 sleep mode works fine, right?
                i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

negative. I have never overclocked my system. Your initial post did refer to problems with overclocked boards. My response should have reflected that. My apologies.
                  GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Comment

Then it is Most likely you have other ram timings or voltage setting issues causing instability or incompatible or dying ram

The S3 problem occurs only in overclocked stable systems which is why he asked the way he did.

If you would like some help with your settings please make a thread And I will be glad to have a look and advise you

Sorry Svcglobal, no word yet!

I may have asked to soon since my last inquiries and they don't want me to get used to coming to them too often with issues.

I even asked about the P45 S3 fix not being posted for my new board they sent me at the same time, no reply. P45-DS4 and DS4P have not got the fix posted yet, and I was the one asking...... What's up with that I say!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgarland View Post
                      negative. I have never overclocked my system. Your initial post did refer to problems with overclocked boards. My response should have reflected that. My apologies.
                      Dear jgarland,

Not a problem. It's good (well, not that much) to know that the issue is pertinent to boards with stock clocks frequencies and voltages. Please stay tuned, let's see if we will be so lucky like the P45 owners!
                      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                      Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Then it is Most likely you have other ram timings or voltage setting issues causing instability or incompatible or dying ram

The S3 problem occurs only in overclocked stable systems which is why he asked the way he did.

If you would like some help with your settings please make a thread And I will be glad to have a look and advise you

Sorry Svcglobal, no word yet!

I may have asked to soon since my last inquiries and they don't want me to get used to coming to them too often with issues.

I even asked about the P45 S3 fix not being posted for my new board they sent me at the same time, no reply. P45-DS4 and DS4P have not got the fix posted yet, and I was the one asking...... What's up with that I say!!!
                        Dear LSD,

I understand your position. No need to push too far, go easy with those guys since any R&D team is always under strong pressure, you know. I can imagine its list of priorities...
                        i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                        Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                        Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Ya, I dont plan to email again for another week or so. If I get a email or not between then and now I planned to email them anyway to give them links to the review of the board I plan to make out.

So I am waiting myself for a BIOS for DS4P and a few users have messaged me about DS4 as well. And a reply about P35C as well.

So if I do not get word by the time I make my review, I will ask again in the same email I send them with the review links

*EDIT*

Just got this from Colin >>>

Sorry about the late reply. I checked with the web team, and they said the updates for the other boards will go up this afternoon Taiwan time. I’m still checking on the P35C-DS3R and will let you know shortly.
                          ^^ For Anyone Wondering ^^ "Other boards" Refers to the P45-DS4/DS4P which I asked about S3 BIOS fix

So they must have been busy, which I assumed anyway. Glad he did reply even if it was not with any news. So he is asking the BIOS engineer's about it and should let me know soon

Comment

Yes, seems that they are concerned.
                            Remember that I own the EP35C-DS3R. Looks like the same hardware of the P35C but who knows for sure.
                            This night I did a test of leaving the computer in S3 sleep mode, without any overclock setup, with plain clock and voltages and it resumed after 8hrs this morning perfectly.
                            i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                            Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                            Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Glad you noted that, I did ask about P35C and not EP35C, I have sent him a notice of my error. So hopefully when he gets time He will let me know what is going on with them.

Ya, they all should work when not overclocked. Something In the overclock settings changes the USB5V+ voltage when you disable Auto on something I think. Not sure which Auto, but I do believe that is the cause of the issue. It may not be a Auto setting turned off but something changes the USB5V+ when you do overclock, but it should work at stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X