EP45-DS4 Realtek LAN issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS4 Realtek LAN issue

OK - here's the deal. I decided to load the defaults in my BIOS this afternoon and start BIOS tweaking from scratch again, and as soon as I did that and booted my Vista64 PC I couldn't get an internet connection (or ping my Linksys WAG354G router for that matter). A DHCP address was assigned but no matter what I tried I couldn't reach the router. My wireless laptop was connecting with no problems.

After a bit of searching for a solution on the net I tried dropping the port speed to 10/full rather than auto and everything magically started working. I tried 100/full, rather than auto, and had the same problem.

I've tried installing the latest Realtek LAN driver (version 6.203.0214.2008) which is posted on the Gigabyte web site but when I look at the driver version installed it always reports the older (6.195.625.2007) version I was trying to upgrade from, and if I specify the newer driver to update to it tells me the driver is up to date.

I would be most grateful of any suggestions for getting my network card working at 100/full again.

Re: EP45-DS4 Realtek LAN issue

It's OK - I've managed to get the newer driver installed and I've got my 100/full back again. I really don't understand what caused the issue, though...

Comment

Nice to see you got it fixed! So you all setup and running smooth now?

What you can do next time if it wont install the correct version of the driver is to go into Safe mode and uninstall the driver (And delete it if asked) then install the new one. This way in safe mode windows does not automatically install the same older one it has in the driver cache which it will do in normal windows mode

Comment

All seemingly running fine thanks (with 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500 memory ). All BIOS settings auto apart from 5-5-5-15/2.0v for the memory. At some point I might start to think about overclocking my Q6600, but I'll wait for the S3 BIOS fix first!

Comment

Good luck with your tweaking, and I have contacted them about the S3 fix since I was in contact with them about it when they gave me my new DS4P and posted the other fixes. Still no reply and no fix your my DS4P yet either

I'm about to check in @BIOS to see if it is available, but I doubt it. Sometimes I do see them on there when not online yet though. But I doubt it since I have got no word back from them yet about it.

CC'd the email to 3 people there with no reply, so there may be a issue. I thought maybe mine was not listed because of a Issue with TPM chip and the dS4P BIOS, but your isn't listed either so I dont know what is up

Comment

Working...
          X