Ga-ep45-ds4p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep45-ds4p

Hello I was wanting to purchase a GA-EP45-DS4P and use 3 PCI Express 1x devices due to a large videocard the PCIEX1_2 slot will be blocked from use so I was wondering if it would be possible to use the 4x PCI Express slot.

The motherboard manual is quite ambiguous in this regard, it states:
    "The PCI Express x4 slot shares bandwidth with the three PCI Express x1 slots. When it is populated with a x4 card, the three PCI Express x1 slots become unavailable."

However it makes no mention of if the PCI Express 1x slots continue to work if the 4x slot is populated with a 1x card.

Does anybody here have any ideas on if it will work? Or perhaps info on a motherboard more suitable to my needs

Re: Ga-ep45-ds4p

Hmm you are right, that is a bit unclear. Not sure, obviously using a 1x in the 4x slot should leave you with 3x available. But you never know it may just disable the others by default

So I am not really sure, have you emailed Gigabyte Tech support and asked this?

If it would not, I guess you would be needing a Board with more slots. Or possibly you could use one of those x1's in the second x8 slot and then use the other 3 x1 cards normally. A x1 device will work in a x8 or x16 slot

Comment

Re: Ga-ep45-ds4p

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Hmm you are right, that is a bit unclear. Not sure, obviously using a 1x in the 4x slot should leave you with 3x available. But you never know it may just disable the others by default.
      Yes thats what I thought, but it is a bit of a gamble, I was hoping maybe somebody has actually tried it.

Yes ive emailed Gigabyte Tech, however they have a message stating that they are on holiday until the 5th and I was impatiently hoping for a reply before then.

I thought about using one of the 1x in the 8x slot but that would cause the 16x slot to revert to 8x which I figured would negatively impact the performance of the video card in said 16x slot.

Comment

Working...
      X