Did EasyTune 6 fry my system??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did EasyTune 6 fry my system??

Just installed Vista 64 on my EP45-UD3P (specs below), and everything was going well (except I had to go down to 1 2GB stick of RAM because with 2x2GB installed, it got caught in a reboot loop - I believe it's an issue with OCZ Platinum RAM and this mobo). Anyhow, I had installed Windows and some apps and then I got a little greedy and was playing with Easy Tune. QuickBoost worked fine - went up to 3.60 with no problem. Then I click on the "Smart" Tab and clicked on Turbo and the system hung. I rebooted and it had to load the backup BIOS - uh oh!

Next, Windows would not load - even in Safe Mode. I tried to use last known good config and that did not work - maybe made things worse, because this morning I went into the BIOS and loaded the "Fail Safe" defaults and tried to boot and I got a "No Operating System Present" message ... Crap. Not a huge loss as it was a clean install, but how the heck did this happen and do I have to reinstall???

System:

Mobo- GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P, bios F5a
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz
    Memory - OCZ Platinum 2GB PC2-8500
    Video - EVGA 8800 GT
    HD - 2x250 WD, RAID 0
    Coolermaster 550W PSU
    Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
    Last edited by Avatar77; 10-31-2008, 10:58 AM.

Re: Did EasyTune 6 fry my system??

Do you have any special disk configuration (RAID, AHCI) on the Intel ports? The "Fail Safe" will return everything to default and those harddisk setups are replaced. You must adjust manually any critical BIOS disk parameter before any reboot is done.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Ahhhh yes, that would make sense. Duh! That's what I get for firing it up while hurrying out the door for work. Now, the question is whether Windows will boot up...

Comment

Oh well, being in a hurry is today our default operation mode... Hope your Vista installation is still valid so, good luck.
        i5-4690K + Corsair H90
        Sapphire Radeon R7 240
        Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

download this to you 64 bit windows to get all your ram sticks working its an windows update. Thats how i fixed my same problem
          Error message when you try to install Windows Vista on a computer that uses more than 3 GB of RAM: "STOP 0x0000000A"

Comment

2x2 needs some settings Auto just does not provide. And ALL Overclocking should be done in The BIOS. Easytune should only be used to look at voltages ect, not to apply things.

Let me know if you need some help setting up your board with all your ram
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-02-2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              2x2 needs some settings Auto just does not provide. And ALL Overclocking should be done in windows. Easytune should only be used to look at voltages ect, not to apply things.

Thanks man, I will definitely hit you up for some help when i get everything settled and running normally. I am waiting for my Mushkin RAM to arrive from Newegg this week. Once I get it, I will be ready to try some serious tuning.

I am a bit confused though - you said ALL overclocking should be done in Windows, but that Easytune should only be used to look at voltages, etc. I assume you meant that all overclocking should be done in the BIOS?

BTW, I did get my Vista install back, it was just my failure to reset the board to RAID.
              Last edited by Avatar77; 11-01-2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                2x2 needs some settings Auto just does not provide. And ALL Overclocking should be done in windows. Easytune should only be used to look at voltages ect, not to apply things.

You forgot to add the word Not in the second sentence Lsdme
                GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar77 View Post
                  BTW, I did get my Vista install back, it was just my failure to reset the board to RAID.
                  Nice to read that!
                  i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                  Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                  Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Ya, sorry guys! I meant all overclocking should be done in the BIOS only, and Cruise, Turbo, ect is not the way to do it properly and be stable either

Comment

Working...
                    X