GA-EP45-DSL Audio Balance Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DSL Audio Balance Issue

When I use the on-board coaxial and optical outs, the left channel is significantly louder than the right channel.

I am sending the digital output to a Dolby Headphone amplifier that accepts digital surround sound signals.

I tried other sources and they are fine through the amp, but the digital (coax and optical) output of the mobo is always favoring the left channel, even when sending just stereo feed.

Is there some settings I need to check? Could there be a driver incompatibility of some kind? Is this a hardware failure of some kind?

Re: GA-EP45-DSL Audio Balance Issue

Did you see if the Balance control in the Realtek Sound Manager, found at the Digital Output tab, is centered?
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Originally posted by svcglobal View Post
      Did you see if the Balance control in the Realtek Sound Manager, found at the Digital Output tab, is centered?
      I did. It is centered. It cannot be adjusted either. The volume and balance for S/PDIF are always fixed and not adjustable. Its just a straight digital stream, so there is nothing to adjust really except the sample rate.

Comment

Well, IT is adjustable. Which REALTEK driver are you using? For Vista the last version is 2.07.
        i5-4690K + Corsair H90
        Sapphire Radeon R7 240
        Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Originally posted by svcglobal View Post
          Well, IT is adjustable. Which REALTEK driver are you using? For Vista the last version is 2.07.
          I am unable to adjust it via the Realtek interface or via the windows interface. I assumed it was because it is a digital signal, which is basically just raw binary data bits.

I am using XP 32-bit. I downloaded the latest driver directly from Realtek a few weeks ago when I built my new rig with this motherboard. I don't know which version, since I am not in front of my rig at the moment, but it is a recent version. My guess is that it is 2.0.6 for XP, since 2.0.7 came out on 10/16. It still might be 2.0.7, because I believe Microsoft Update checks for Realtek HD driver updates.
          Last edited by heavyfeul; 10-31-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

So something is missing or the driver did not installed correctly. Under Vista it is adjustable, both balance and volume controls, see picture below.
            For XP, just did look, the same version is available but different file. Try to download it again - possible corrupted driver can do strange things, you know.

i5-4690K + Corsair H90
            Sapphire Radeon R7 240
            Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

I will try that tonight. I will remove the driver and reinstall the latest. Should I go directly to Realtek to get the drivers or download the driver listed on Gigabyte site for my motherboard?

Also, something called ATI Front Panel audio driver is installed as a device as well. I have no idea what this is for. Shouldn't the Realtek drivers handle the front panel audio or does the motherboard use a different driver for front panel audio. I wonder if I should remove that as well?

Comment

I would remove it in safe mode and if asked to reinstall driver say no. If it does install it anyway you can disable it in Device manager as you are right RealTek should handle it all.

Latest Always (Everything For Gigabyte, yes these are direct Re-Hosts not repacks like Gigabyte does) >>>
                Realtek drivers

Comment

Working...
                X