Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ZEROtherm BTF90 fit on GA-EP45-UD3P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ZEROtherm BTF90 fit on GA-EP45-UD3P?

I was thinking of getting a cooler for this board. I put the stock HSF on it, but it was difficult. It actually wasn't attached at first; I booted it up, it seemed to be doing fine, then I turned it off to do some adjusting and I poked the heatsink and part of it popped up (so the pushpins weren't in all the way). I redid the heatsink and pushed pretty hard on the pins, and it seems to be fine; idles at 40C. But the ZEROtherm BTF90 is cheap at Newegg right now, but just wondering if it fits on this board, because there's all these other heatsinks sitting around the socket. I had to fit the stock HSF a specific way for it to fit. But at least the BTF90 has a screw-on backplate that should make it easier to ensure I actually fit it, right?

Or, if anyone has an alternative recommendation for a cooler, that would be nice, too. I was looking for something that is quiet; not really overclocking it, so it doesn't have to be hardcore cooler.

- Eli
    Last edited by eli2k; 11-05-2008, 12:19 AM.

Re: Does ZEROtherm BTF90 fit on GA-EP45-UD3P?

Tuniq Tower is nice, and you can change the fan for any quiet one you like

I think that would fit just fine, the one you asked about. Board manufacturers think of these things when they make the boards.

And since you do Newegg, you can always know you can RMA easily if it does not fit. But I am pretty sure it will. It looks to have plenty of space under it for a NB heatsink

Someone bought them together >>>>
    Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

I see in the reviews that it fits P35-DS4 in any direction which is pretty much the same design heatsink-wise
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-05-2008, 04:30 AM.

Comment

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail .. this one is cheapper only 21.99 after rebate but need to get the back plate for $7 ... fit on this board very nice and smaller than tunis tower ( don't touch the ram like tunis) .. i try both and this XIGMATEK so far in OC Q9550 .. 3.4mhz .. 33-39 idle .. load 49-55 load .. my tunis tower was about 4 degree higher .. and also this is not set in yet only 1 day testing.. this coller have lot of great review .. google it to see .. good luck

Comment

Can you really RMA on newegg without restocking fee, if the reason is the cooler did not fit the board? :)

I've heard the Xigmatek can get loud at the higher end. Just wondering, thoughts on the Sunbeam cooler - Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks - do you know if this fits inside the board?

update - -- eh, I found the answer that it doesn't fit. I may get the xigmatek then =)

- Eli
        Last edited by eli2k; 11-14-2008, 02:52 AM.

Comment

remember one thing ... not just the board ... EP45-UD3P is bigger and more room than ep35-ds3r ..... but have to make sure you have the case to fit it ... as in review of the sunbeam .. it fit but will hit the side fan ... but thas was different mother board ...

i had a tunis on my antect 900 .. i had to cut and modify the side fan to make it fit ..
          on antec 1200 .. no problem ....

so you have to consider the case ... CPU cooler seem don't have problem fitting on mother board .. some mother board really tigh and no space .. but will able to put on ... but if the case is too small or have side fan that is a whole new thing .. need to look at that .. good luck decide

Comment

I have the Antec 300, almost similar to yours, and the width dimension is the same. I don't have a side fan, unless you mean the side fans on the top and back?

Comment

side fan on the side ... i'm about 99% sure that sunbeam will fit ..

Comment

Yes, you just have to call in and be nice. With the xigmatek just change the fan to one you like that is quiet and you will be fine

Are you saying you ordered the ZeroTherm and it didnt fit, or was you just asking?

Yes that would fit as well likely but the others would be better, and you would want to change the fan on that Sunbeam one as well. And it is really not so good compared to the Xigmatek

Comment

What are the "the others would be better?" I haven't committed to picking up a fan yet. The Xigmatek is available at a microcenter near me, so I might go there, make it a bit easier, heh.

Comment

micro have the xigmatek for $15 after 15 rebate + bracket 6.99(newegg) = $22
                    can't beat that price ... the fan is good .. pretty quiet and cool ...

i just like the fan controll so i can lower the speed when not OC .... there few review on the fan and said it's good and rate pretty high.

the sunbeam do not have fancontroll also.

hope this review help you decide on what best for you. good luck

Best CPU Cooler Performance - Q2 2008 | best cpu coolers,OCZTVEND2,NH-U12P,xigmatek HDT-S1283,TRUE,Achilles S1284,NH-C12P,CR-CCTF,best cpu cooler performance,hdt cooler,heat-pipe direct touch,Best CPU Cooler Performance - Q2 2008 Benchmark Performanc

Best Thermal Paste Application Methods | best thermal past application,thermal paste application methods,thermal compound,thermal interface material,best practices,Best Practices for Thermal Interface Material Paste Application Methods and Thermal Gr
                    Last edited by godto; 11-14-2008, 04:39 AM.

Comment

I would suggest (If your case allows) these >>>>

ThermalRight Ultra 120, Xigmatek HDT-S1283, Tuniq Tower 120, and the one you orgianlly asked about

Comment

Okay, so, I picked up the Xigmatek and I was testing it out to make sure it works, by plugging in just the fan. So I plugged it into one of the system fan plugs, and booted up, but the fan didn't spin up. It jiggled a little, like, I could see it try to turn, but it didn't turn. Then I unplugged my CPU fan and plugged this in, and started up the system for just a few seconds, but it didn't spin, also. Do you think this is a defective fan, or is it not getting enough power?

Comment

Do you have your BIOS set to smart fan control mode on? If so then it may be off until your CPU reaches a certain temp. Set that to disabled, or try with it enabled and fan mode on Voltage

With PWM fans and or smart control on your BIOS may not see the CPU as warm enough to use the fan yet. See what the temp shows in PC health and then go in the system and put some load on it and see if the Fan turns on. If it does not after a few seconds then you may have a problem

Comment

Stock fan spins up as soon as the CPU boots up and then slows down after the boot-up is on (because, yes, I put BIOS smart fan on). But this also doesn't explain why plugging into the system fan does not make it spin, because system fan should be independent of CPU temperature, right? I'll try disabling the smart fan for a few seconds. I am wary of letting the CPU run for more than few seconds without a fan =/ I did it for around 3 seconds last time.

Comment

Some boards system fan headers also are connected to PWM and some do not start always until a few second later.

With that cooler you will be ok letting the system run for a minute or two anyway as it is a large cooler. That is why I said with smart fan enabled it may not turn on at all until you put a load on the CPU because it may already be under the temp where the fan would need to be on

Comment

Working...
                              X