Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 - Restarts Issue

Hi There,

I am in need of assistance with configuring of my newly built computer.

I have just received and assembled the following...

Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 socket LGA775 motherboard
    Ultra 1000W Power Supply
    XFX 280 XT 1Gb PCI-Express graphics card
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 Socket LGA775 processor
    LG SATA DVDRW BD/HD DVD-ROM Black Kit
    Akasa Infiiti-Pro edition PC Case
    KINGSTON Memory/Hyper-X 4GB 1800MHz DDR3 Non-ECC C
    (Kingston Part.no KHX14400D3K2/4G)
    Vista 32 Bit
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 3Gb/s NCQ 1TB 32MB Cache Hard Drive

The system boots up fine and I can connect to the net and do the basic stuff on the new system, but I built the PC as a gaming system.

I can load games such World of Warcraft, Battlefield, Call of Duty 4, the games load and each game runs through the cinematics and then to the options and when you then click the play button the system crashes... this happens every time you enter to play the game and the systems restarts. I am sure this is somthing to do with memory timings.

Could some one advise me with the settings?

Re: Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 - Restarts Issue

Oh an I have updated all the drivers and OS for this system, needless to say Im going bald

Comment

Are you using the latest BIOS? If not, I would advise you update that. DO NOT USE @BIOS, here is a guide for Qflash >>>

Then can you please link me to your ram, and tell me how many sticks you are using 4x1 or 2x2.

If you have changed nothing in the BIOS there is a Few things you can for sure do before I can help you more when I get your ram link.

You can set your ram voltage to what you see on the sticker, Set Performance Enhance to standard, and add +.2-.3 MCH voltage and see how that helps you along.

Once you link me to your ram, please fill this out with what you are using now and I will advise back >>>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
      Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
      CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
      Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
      CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
      CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
      C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
      System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
      DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
      Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
      Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
      Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
      Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
      Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
      Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
      Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
      Static tRead Value_______________
      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
      CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
      GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
      DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
      PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
      FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
      (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
      CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
      No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
      C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
      x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
      CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
      CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
      Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
      Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Hi There,Thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow reply.... Stricken with Flue!I have not updated the BIOS but when looking at the website the only up to date BIOS download i can see is a BETA which I am reluctant to use.The memory is Kingston DDR3 4GB Kit comprising of 2 x 2GB sticks the serial number is KHX14400D3K2/4G on the memory label its rated at 1.9v and if I am correct the Kingston site states that the settings are 8.8.8.8.24 which I have taken off this page Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR3 - Although there is no 4GB listed I have looked at the 2GB.I also looked at those BIOS settings in the hope of a quick fix and it was set to standard anyway, but I cant for the life of me find a MCH voltage setting as you have described.Please advise?Best regards,Martin

Comment

This is what what the board is set at the moment.Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]Performance Enhance = [Standard]CAS Latency Time________________ 8Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 8Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______8Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 24ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 4 autoRank Write to READ Delay________ 5 autoWrite to Precharge Delay_________ 10 autoRefresh to ACT Delay______________ 74 autoRead to Precharge Delay__________ 5 autoStatic tRead Value_______________ 7 autoStatic tRead Phase Adjust________ 0 [Auto]CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]System Voltage Control____ [Manual]DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Integrated PeripheralsLegacy USB Storage Detect___________________Enabled
          Last edited by MrEasy; 11-25-2008, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I found your ram PDF, it is here incase you would like to see it. Thanks for the model # >>>
            Trust Kingston for all of your servers, desktops and laptops memory needs. Kingston DRAM is designed to maximize the performance of a specific computer system. Find memory for your device here.

It does look to be 1800MHz @ 8-8-8 and 1.9V, and 1066Mhz timing of 7-7-7 at 1.5V.

Here would be optimal settings for what you have above, I will Bold and Blue MCH Voltage for you I see it listed in your settings above. ( What happened )

At 450 FSB you may need far more Vcore (CPU Voltage) then you have set, if that is indeed your FSB and Vcore. That is likely not enough for sure

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
            CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
            Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
            CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
            CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
            PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]

C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]

System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00] = 900Mhz (2.40 for 1080Mhz, 3.20 for 1440Mhz, 4.00 for 1800Mhz)

DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 8
            Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 8
            Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______8
            Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 24

Use all highest below and then lower later testing with memtest86+ as you go, if you do use 1800Mhz you may need a bump in Ram voltage as well as possibly higher then stated timings below. If you do plan to run only at 900Mhz you can for sure use lower Main timings above

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-5
            Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6 (9-12 May be better)
            Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6 (8-14 may be needed)
            Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 65-85
            Read to Precharge Delay__________3-6
            Static tRead Value_______________ 7-12
            Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 0 [Auto] << always Auto

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
            CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
            GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
            DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] = 1.8V
            PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
            FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
            (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] << Set +0.2V-0.3V

CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25] << More

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
            No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
            CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
            C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
            x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
            CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
            CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
            Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
            Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________Enabled

I would put more specific things, but I am not sure what you want to run your ram at speedwise

Comment

Im just looking for a stable systems that runs the games well, im not over fussed about overclocking anything at the moment.Will give it a try an get back to you.

Comment

Well you had 450 FSB in your settings that is for sure overclocking.

If you are not running 450 FSB, please put your FSB settings in there and use the rest of what I said as far as timings and ram/mch voltages.

Comment

Working...
                X