Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID Drivers

Hi to all,
    As you can see from my sig I'm running a RAID set up and using the latest drivers supplied in the Catalyst 8.11 release (1540.47).
    These drivers seem rather slow especially when booting, where the green process bar will actually stick for 10 seconds! I've tried using different drivers with the most success coming from the 1535 version which are very quick with a fast boot time. The trouble is if I use these I then start to get out of sync with my drivers as I'll have different versions running different things which eventually lead to blue screens..
    I'm relatively new to running a AMD chipset as I've always had nforce boards in the past although I always use a RAID set up.. Has anyone else come across this and if so are there any solutions to this particular problem. I have to say that apart from the boot times the RAID runs pretty fast so no qualms there really.
    Thanks

Re: RAID Drivers

What you could do is extract the Catalyst drivers and then manually install the RAID Driver you want by right clicking the Inf for it (Or update via Device manager with that Inf)

When you install catalyst, the packages are extracted if you did not know to a folder, then the real installer starts and uses those extracted files. You can get the drivers you want from that folder, or you can manually extract the file via right click (You may need winrar installed?) and choose extract here

The folder where those get extracted is normally >>>
    C:\ATI\SUPPORT

Comment

I never could link the delay of that green bar with the new Catalyst driver but yes, the 8.11 boot process are much more time consuming compared with the 8.10.
      Will try to go back with the driver and will post the difference here.
      Anyway, for me it is not a big deal since I do not get any catastrophic event using the computer.
      GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
      16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
      Corsair CX750M
      Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies...:)
        I have as suggested several 'extracted' driver sets for the RAID controller. The problem I've discovered is..
        Let's say I've installed Cat' 8.11 for Graphics, Northbridge filter driver, IDE and RAID, then using an extracted RAID driver I then replace the RAID driver for a faster version. The trouble is I've discovered that this eventually leads to the system blue screening. It doesn't do it straight away but when I start applying fresh drivers like when there's a new release. So now I just keep the drivers the same across the board which avoids the blue screening problem. Perhaps it's just me not being used to AMD drivers...

Comment

Just tested here and got same boot delay with 8.7 to 8.11 ATI Radeon drives.
          GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
          i5-4690K + Corsair H90
          Sapphire Radeon R7 240
          16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
          Corsair CX750M
          Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Hi,
            Thanks for the info but I've gone back to using the 1540.35 version as these are so much faster and have hardly any 'delay' whilst booting. If you want to try them for yourself you can download here:

Download ATI AHCI Compatible RAID Controller

You'll see from the file that they were obviously intended for a Asus system but work absolutely fine with my set up. I'll just have to keep reapplying them after every new driver release to get round the problem of blue screening.. If I try to install the catalyst drivers using the 'custom' method leaving the RAID driver unticked it leads to problems mentioned above. So it's probably best to do a full driver install and then reapply the 1540.35s after..
            Try them and let me know what you think...

Comment

Working...
            X