Onboard lan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onboard lan problem

Hi guys!i need your help well coz i just changed my spu cooler and while i was changing it something wierd happened to my compuer when i on it there was like an irritating sound from the motherboard and its not the usual beep sound well so i ask around and they told me to off my lan card well so i did which made the sound stop well so everything is well i was able to access my OS but at had some problems well in awhile i notice my "My network places" folder is empty and i think it has something to do with my lan card any ideas on how to fix this?shouldnt it show my shared documents?please help me solve this problem coz im really out of ideas on how to fix this

Re: Onboard lan problem

Sorry but your post is very hard to understand .... punctuation would help considerably. While you were changeing you cpu cooler the motherboard made a sound??? Was the thing plugged in while you were working on it? What exactly did you do to the LAN card? Without it you will not have any network places and even if you had them showing they would be inaccessible.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Hi sorry if i wasnt that clear in my last post well umm heres wat happened i change my cpu cooler and attached everything and then when i on my computer it made an irritating sound,so i asked my friends wat was that sound coz i couldnt figure it out well they told me to off my lan card so i off it in the cmos,o ya by the my motherboard is the p31 which has a onboard lan card,well back to wat i was saying so i off the lan card in the cmos well the sound did go away but when i accessed my OS i noticed my "my network places" folder was empty but it wasnt like that before i was thinking maybe i must have hit the motherboard while changing the cpu cooler to make the lan card have some problems any ideas on how to fix my "my network places" folder?coz i know shouldnt there be a folder there named "shared documents"?any ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

Hmm, Im still confused about this sound. Was your board plugged in while you were working on it?

Have you enabled LAN in the BIOS again yet?

Comment

umm the sound was from the lan thats what they said well when i off the disabled the lan in the bios thankfully the sound was gone,so after awhile i decided to turn it back on and it didnt make any sound so i checked out the networking of the OS if the was any effect on it,but then i saw my "my network places"folder was empty as i said in my previous post any ideas on how to let my shared documents show in "my network places"?and no my cpu was off when i was working on the cpu cooler.and the sound was different it was like a high pitch beep well at least its gone now.it was really weird

Comment

Are you still able to access the internet with the compter in question? Have you looked at "device manager" to see if your lan is correctly identified and installed?

I'm curious .... Are you using Babblelfish to translate from another language? I really hate to be a grammer nazi since I'm not all that great either but please, if you want to be understood, use some punctuation and proof read what you write. Fragments such as "when i off the disabled" are pretty much impossible to decypher into coherent English. Please do not take offence. Most of us are willing to assist you if we can understand just what you are trying to say.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

ooopppss ehehehe sorry about my english and dont worry about it i welcome feedback,and sorry about my last post i was kinda in a hurry to post it,umm...what i meant by i "off the disabled " was that when i disabled the onboard lan the sound disappeared hehe sorry about my english,i wonder why did i put a "off" there hehe,well i am able to access the inet.but what is weird with my computer is that when i connect my pc with several pcs i cannot see they're shared folders i need to press the "view all computers in the network" not like before where it shows automatically,is something wrong here?or is it just a few setting changes?

Comment

Are you all on the same workgroup? If not you need to be, then yes you should be able to see all PC's in the network once you hit View all PC in the network/workgroup

Comment

umm yeah we are in the same workgroup but which is weird coz before they use to show up automatically unlike now i need to go to "view devices in the network" is it just a bug?or i just need to mess around with the settings?

Comment

try to reinstall the LAN driver from the mother board disk .... that was just happen to me . suddently no LAN .. i reinstall the driver and that reset everything ... everything work good after that

Comment

ey thanks godto!i never taught of that way thanks!ill try that!wellthanks guys i really appreciate the interest in trying to help me thanks for all your replies and sorry about my bad grammar thanks anyways!

Comment

Well at least it is working for you now! That is good

About how it shows now and how it used to? I am not sure why that is, but if it is working now I would leave it how you have it

Comment

Working...
                        X