Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP45-UD3P & 1.9V RAM, should I change the RAM voltage in BIOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P & 1.9V RAM, should I change the RAM voltage in BIOS?

Hello, I have purchased the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P and 4GB (2x2GB) of 1.9V Corsair RAM, seen here: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit

I have not built this PC yet and I was wondering if I should adjust the RAM voltage in the BIOS before I start using it (as I understand it, the default voltage on this board is 1.8V.) If so, can someone tell me the correct BIOS option, I've looked at threads here and there are several different options relating to RAM. I think the correct option is "DRAM Voltage" is that correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P & 1.9V RAM, should I change the RAM voltage in BIOS?

Purchase this Corsair(TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G) RAM,I assume you don't want overclock your PC.
    Memory timing is 5-5-5-18,1.9v (SPD programmed at:JEDEC standard 5-5-5-18 values at 800MHz).
    BIOS default RAM voltage is 1.8-1.88v(check with Everest or SpeedFan in Windows).In BIOS choose "Load Optimized Defaults" and "Save & Exit Setup".
    Your PC should post and boot in Operating System.
    If you have some freezing(BSOD) or instability issue(2x2 GHz RAM),post here.
    Good luck.
    EP45-UD3P-Virtual BIOS
    Last edited by stasio; 12-08-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Okay, so I won't change anything, just load optimized and save.

I wasn't planning to overclock, but I've been reading about it and considering going from 3.0ghz to 3.6ghz on my intel core 2 duo e8400. Apparently you can usually do this without changing any RAM settings. If the ram doesn't work with overclocking, no big loss.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Well 3 to 3.6 may need some ram changes for sure! Let us know if you do decide to do this and we can help

Yes your 1.9V ram will likely run find at 1.8v. The 1.9V you see is just the MAX Advertised warranty for the chips, not what is needed to run stable

Comment

Working...
        X