EP35-DS4 F6c BIOS - BAD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35-DS4 F6c BIOS - BAD!!

I am not sure what exactly the problem is/was, but after I flashed from F6a to F6c, I couldn't boot into Windows at all. I use AHCI mode and the BIOS screen kept on telling me something about device init fail or something - on my HDD. Ok. I switched to IDE mode, but then my DVD drive didn't work at all!
    There is something fishy about this version and I urge everyone not to use this one!

Re: EP35-DS4 F6c BIOS - BAD!!

Did you set all your disk settings back to the exact same as you have before, then rebooted back to the BIOS and set your OS drive as first in Hard Drive Boot Priority? If not that is likely why your OS failed to load after you flashed and loaded optimized

Comment

Yes I did the same settings. and it's not OS at all, because after the flash, it was AHCI BIOS that gave an error. When the machine was about to boot, no HDD was found at all.

Naturally though, when you install XP in AHCI mode and then switch to IDE you get BSOD. Well and also, when I tried to boot from a CD in IDE mode, the computer froze.

Comment

No drive would be found after a flash until you moved the disk back to the top of "Hard Disk Boot Priority" in Advanced BIOS page

But, you could be right beta is beta and may not work right so thanks for posting, just trying to help you incase you forgot some settings

Comment

Nono, no drive was detected at all. In the first section of BIOS. Um, standard setup is it called I think.
          In IDE mode DVD drive refused to boot for a change - it started but when I pressed any key the PC froze. Yuck.
          I googled a lot and found something mentioning there is something changed in this version about the sata controller or something? I really can't remember.

If someone could translate this :)
          GA-EP35-DS4 -> Bios F6a auf F6c -> HD wird nicht mehr erkannt

Comment

Originally posted by Octopuss View Post
            Nono, no drive was detected at all. In the first section of BIOS. Um, standard setup is it called I think.
            In IDE mode DVD drive refused to boot for a change - it started but when I pressed any key the PC froze. Yuck.
            I googled a lot and found something mentioning there is something changed in this version about the sata controller or something? I really can't remember.

If someone could translate this :)
            GA-EP35-DS4 -> Bios F6a auf F6c -> HD wird nicht mehr erkannt
            Translated version of http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=print&forum=12&beitrag=752
            GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Ahh....the joys of using beta bios. Looks like it is way more fun than regular beta software.
              Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Ah thank you. So it really is bad.

Comment

Working...
                X