Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte 4870 1GB (R487D5-1GD) fanspeed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte 4870 1GB (R487D5-1GD) fanspeed?

Hi,

I just got the new Gigabyte HD4870 1GB non reference with the Zalman fan and its a good card but in the CCC panel the fanspeed is not detected and i cant set it manually.

[IMG][/IMG]

Was this an oversight by Gigabyte? The temps on the card are great, around 43 C so i'm not too worried but it would be nice if it detected the fanspeed and i could set the fan low for silent operation.
    Last edited by badonkadonk; 01-08-2009, 12:52 AM.

Re: Gigabyte 4870 1GB (R487D5-1GD) fanspeed?

Does the fan itself have 3 wires on it or two? Looks to me like you can check the "Enable Manual Fan Control" or am I seeing that image wrong?

If it has 3 wires, and you cannot check that box in CCC try using ATItool or Rivatuner >>>
    ATITool - Overclocking utility for ATI and NVIDIA cards
    RivaTuner

Comment

It only has 2 wires. Does that mean it cant be set manually? Ive tried other apps and nothing detects it.

Its a feature of ATI drivers why would Gigabyte not use it?

The card is cool but i can hear the fan noise even at idle so it could be slowed down to be silent.

Comment

ATI Drivers support it yes, but it is dependent on the cards cooler, has nothing to do with Gigabyte at all aside from them not putting in a good fan.

Yes, that 2pin fan cannot be controlled by you as there is no Sense wire on it.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply my friend. In the end i took the card back and got a Sapphire one that is silent at idle. Its a shame because its really a good card but idle fan noise spoiled it.

Gigabyte designed a great card with next gen ports like displayport and the current HDMI but put an old fashioned fan that spins at one speed at idle and load and is kinda noisy at idle. I was gonna get the reference Gigabyte 4870 1GB but the shop didnt have any so i just got the Sapphire one.

Comment

I like and use only Sapphire cards myself

Comment

Working...
            X