Memory problem need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Memory problem need help.

I see that it has been a while since you've updated this thread, but I've run into the same issue with the same motherboard (but different memory). I'm going to try out this BIOS version you posted and hopefully it'll work, but I wanted to see if you've had any success, or if you've tried anything else to get it working.

Comment

If you need the latest BIOS they are posted here >>

F4a is posted in the above link if you do not like the one you downloaded

Comment

Niether BIOS seems to fix the problem. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some kind of incompatible memory. I tried 2 different types (DDR2 and DDR3), and both do the same issue. Although I've noticed that the memory conflict range changes with the size of the memory.

With 512 MB, "Memory Range 1FF00000 - FEBFFFFF not available."
        With 1 GB, 3FF00000 - FEBFFFFF
        With 2 GB, 7FF00000 - FEBFFFFF

I suppose I can check the speed of RAM that should be used (as well as other hardware specifics).

Comment

What is your issues, you never really said. I see you say some conflict and unavailable memory range, what is showing you this?

Comment

The same problem that's been talked about in the last 3 pages of this thread. I'm having the same issue as clownyben, where that memory range unavailable error shows up under the conflicting device list in the Properties window for "PCI Bus" in Device Manager.

This doesn't seem to be causing any problems with my system however. At first I thought it might be the reason why my PCI bus numbers are being changed when Vista boots. However, I have found another motherboard that has the renumbering bus issue but doesn't have the resource conflict like the Gigabyte motherboard.

So I'm not as concerned about the resource conflict issue anymore. I suppose I could make a new thread for my real concern (bus numbers changing), but considering it's also happening with a different manufacturer's motherboard, maybe I should take it up with Microsoft.

Comment

Ahh I guess I did not read back far enough. His images on page 3 are broken links so that is no good but I do know what he means after reading all this now. Sorry I have not clue where to advise on any of that.....

If you do get a reply from MS please post about it so we can all know what it means, if anything. Could just be a error that can safely be ignored

Forgot to ask before, you did load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot before makingc changes in the BIOS right? And you are not using older BIOS Profiles right? Just checking as I forgot to ask before

*EDIT*

Actually, I see the same thing in my setup >>>

So this is likely a non issue as my setup is 100% stable and I have zero issues. I think that may just be the reserved area of memory for the system/BIOS/ROM areas as all boards reserve memory/address blocks within the memory.

Similar reports of the same, with users not having any issues as well on Asus Boards >>
              Asus P5W DH Vista64bit Problem PCI BUS - XtremeSystems Forums

More of the same (Non Issue replies, aside from user concerns anyway) >>
              PCI BUS Memory Error Asus P5N-D - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Looks to be pretty normal to me, and rarely seen as it does not cause issues. Users only find it while looking for causes to other problems.

Kinda like this error with Vista SP1 (Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication ~ Event ID 15016), known error marked as NON Issue >>
              Event ID 15016 appears in the System log after you install Windows Vista SP1 in a workgroup

Comment

Working...
              X