EP45T-DS3R Not Booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45T-DS3R Not Booting

I've been trying to get this motherboard working for the last 5 hours or so. Everything is connected, the atx12v pin, cpu fan, graphic card power, power switch, etc. Everything should be good and have double and quadruple checked the connections of every connection. Have also taken one stick of ram out to no avail; it made no difference. But have a single stick in the first memory slot closest to the CPU right now. It's not turning on, i have not even been able to get to the bios yet. When I push the power button after re-plugging the system one of the system fans starts to move for half a split second but stops. There is no activity or change from anything else.

System Specs:

E8400
    EP45t-DS3R
    Corsair TX650W Power Supply
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 (dual channcel)
    bought here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145200
    4870x2 saphire

Have also tried booting the system with a 8800 GT and it still gets no response. Please respond, I spent the entire Afternoon and evening trying to get this motherboard to work.
    Last edited by Atmosphere; 01-22-2009, 09:15 PM.

Re: EP45T-DS3R Not Booting

You have the 24pin and 4pin connector attached? Have you checked the breaker switch on the back of the PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Raten View Post
      You have the 24pin and 4pin connector attached? Have you checked the breaker switch on the back of the PSU?
      Yeah, they're both connected; the 24-pin and two 4-pin connectors. PSU switch in the back has been switched to the "on" position on multiple tries and occasionally get a fraction of a revolution from a system fan indicating that it wants to turn on but something is holding it back.

I've tried getting it to post with only one stick of ram as well and it's just not. Also double checked the E8400 and its seated right, Quite frankly I'm stumped on what else to do.

Will the board post without any ram so I can go into the BIOS?

Comment

Ok. Corsairs site lists that memory as DDR3 1600 at 1.8v. The default voltage for DDR3 is 1.5v. That may be your problem. Got a friend who has some DDR3 that'll boot off stock voltage?

Comment

Originally posted by Raten View Post
          Ok. Corsairs site lists that memory as DDR3 1600 at 1.8v. The default voltage for DDR3 is 1.5v. That may be your problem. Got a friend who has some DDR3 that'll boot off stock voltage?
          If it won't bootup because it defaults at 1.5v and mine requires 1.8v there has to be a way to circumvent this problem. Can you get into the BIOS without any memory in the board? I've tried and it still has not posted or acted any differently. I don't have any friends with 1.5v DDR3, he has 1.8v just like me and im not looking to spend anymore money. Anyone from Denver?

There probably should be a disclaimer in the specification section of newegg stating that you need 1.5v memory to get the system to post intially if that is the case.

Hopefully I can get it to work but its looking pretty hopeless unless a Gigabyte rep can advise me on how to get this motherboard working.

Comment

Online there are a few accounts of people using the exact same memory and not describing anything as extreme as the problem I am having. For example the worst problem I could find b/t the combination between the memory and mobo was that it was simply unstable after the bios; I can't even get to the bios. This is quite disappointing, I need my system running for school and believe the board may be dead.

Comment

OK I took out the screws to put the mobo bank into the static sleave and decided to try once more. I already told to board "You brought this upon yourself. You must really like Gigabyte because you're going back to them." and had already filed for an RMA number from newegg. So having already given up on this board as being DOA and pressing the power key one last time it turned on! yay, now im having memory problems just like everybody else! I don't know what settings to use with my memory.

Comment

Working...
              X