Gigabyte EP45-UD3P High Latency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte EP45-UD3P High Latency

Hi, I have an interesting problem, sometimes when there is large amounts of data trasfering, I recieve very high latency leading to audio drop outs. The easiest way to reproduce this is actually have HWMonitor (same people that make CPU-Z), or OCCT open. There will immediately be little freezes.

Lots of settings in the SS below:

Using bios F7.

Any way to fix this?

Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P High Latency

I also have exact same high latency spike problem. Opening/closing just about anything on the desktop causes many red spikes. Have observed spikes above 100,000us.

From reading around internet, this high latency problem appears to happen to a lot of Gigabyte mobos. Although some mobos were "fixed" by bios updates?

The link below is typical of the gigabyte "high latency fault"issues being discussed in other forums:-

And just contacted Gigabyte tech support on problem and now waiting their response ---> maybe you should do same in order to speed them along?

:)
    Last edited by jimmor; 01-28-2009, 03:40 PM.
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

Comment

If you mean the sound crackling issue, then the solution is here:

Comment

Originally posted by McVitas View Post
        If you mean the sound crackling issue, then the solution is here:
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...g-sound-29319/
        No it is not a sound crackling issue !

It's a "stuttering" issue ---> extremely strange to hear ---> even when just using a built-in TV card. All you have to do is open applications like OCCT or EVEREST and "huge" latency spikes can be observed; and you can also actually hear the sound stuttering (in other words "sound dropouts")---> so of no use at all when working on sound related activities !

I normally use winXP and have no power control facilities enabled. However tried with Vista and exact same high-latency/stuttering happens. So obviously not O/S related?

EDIT

And although I normally use a 8800gts, found same happens when using 7600gs and old ATI Rage 3 pro PCI card.
        Last edited by jimmor; 01-28-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Or it may be the problem of both OSes ;) I would try vista again and set that power option maybe to be sure...

Comment

Originally posted by McVitas View Post
            Or it may be the problem of both OSes ;) I would try vista again and set that power option maybe to be sure...
            Apart from occasionally enabling the bios's "EIST" in order to reduce power usage and thus CPU temps, I never use ANY kind of Power Control facilities ---> in other words, nomatter which O/S I use it is always set to a "100% ALWAYS ON" configuration.

And the "stuttering" problem affects EVERYTHING, sound, video, games, internet browsing, etc.

High latency spikes happen when just opening windows explorer or any other software from the Desktop. Some cause larger spikes than others, and having multiple software/hardware things going at the same time usually causes the most disruption to the "smooth" operation of my setup.

The latency problem happens with nothing but a hdd, cpu, memory and a vga card (tried with different vga cards) installed ----> It is a MOBO problem ---> which if you read around other forums, you will find that for some reason GIGABYTE have produced many different motherboards which suffer from "high Latency" issues ---> some of which in the past have been "cured" by a Bios Update.

And obviously I am hoping that my current high latency problems will also be cured by a bios update ---> then everything will be a big ?
            Last edited by jimmor; 01-30-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
              X