GA-EX58-DS4 won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58-DS4 won't boot

For me It's sorted out and working like a charm. As for the OP I'm not sure. I believe he's still waiting for his replacement, but it seems like he had the same problem I did...

Comment

Ahh ok! Glad to hear it!

Hope the OP Posts back so we know how he is doing

Comment

Quick update guys:
        @Azraehl, thanks for the advice, but this was one of the first things I tried. When I first set it all up I did put the memory in the wrong slots, but after correcting this mistake I was still having the problems. Good to hear you got your rig working though, i7's are beasts and I'm really looking forward to finally trying mine out when it's sorted.

Back to my system, I sent the MOBO, CPU and memory back to the supplier for testing and they recieved it last monday. They finally got round to having a look at it today (after many a phone call from me) and they found that all the components work individually, but when they are together they don't...after a bit more tweaking they realised it was the memory that wasn't compatible. This had me quite cheesed off since they specifically recommended the memory as being compatible with the rest of the setup when I bought it, also it states in the MOBO manual that it works perfectly with dual channel memory (asl long as it's in the right slot!!), PLUS I even spoke to Gigabyte themselves who said the memory should be fine with their motherboard grrrr!

Anyway, after all that, I'm being upgraded to some OCZ tripple channel 6GB 1600MHz memory, at no extra cost(more as a payoff for all the postage fee's I've spent sending bits and bobs back for testing). They tell me they've tested it all together and it works perfectly, and I should be recieving it when I wake up, so fingers crossed I'll have a working machine before this time tomorrow...just a mere month after purchasing the parts. Will let you all know how that goes. Thanks again for all the advise you've given, I really appreciate the help, and although it didn't directly fix it, it sefinitely gave me some food for thought.

Comment

Look forward to hearing how everything works out waft. As I have a similar problem(with EX58-UD5). Powers on and nothing happens just blank screen, or it just goes into a loop of reboots. The thing is I have the ocz 6gb triple channel 1600 ram, and I've tried it every way possible. I just sent mine back for a return. Now I'm not sure if I should get the asus p6t deluxe, or order the gigabyte EX58-UD5, and hope I don't get the same problem again.

Comment

Good luck to the both of you, hope everything works out in the end!!!

Comment

Working...
            X