Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 constant restarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 constant restarts

So I just got a whole new intel core i7 build, and I was excited to put it all together, low and behold, once it's all together I start it up and it just goes into a loop of restarts, most of the time not even making it to the bios screen. Now I've tried multiple things, taking the system out of the case, running just one stick of ram, trying different ram modules, rewiring it, trying different gpu and etc. But no matter what it just ends up restarting. At some points I can actually make it to the bios, other times not. Farthest point I got was, I actually started installing vista, and just when I thought I might be in the clear, it restarts, about a quarter way into the format. I think I need a bios update, but how is that going to be possible if the computer can't stay stable, for let alone 2 minutes. Am I going to have to rma it, and hope a new one will fix my problem???. Any help would be appreciated.

System specs:
    Intel Core i7 920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    Ocz Gold 3X2gb ddr3-1600
    XFX 4870X2
    Seagate 500gb 32mb cache hd
    Corsair TX750 watt psu

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 constant restarts

What BIOS does it have installed? You can check if you can get into the BIOS for a few, hit F9 on the MAIN page to see BIOS version

I would say if you cannot get it stable with one stick, two or three long enough to flash (2 minutes) then you may need to borrow some other memory or RMA the board. Can you have a friend bring by some different ram so you can flash?

Can you get into the BIOS long enough to load optimized default and save and apply? If so, do that and if you have time also set your ram voltage to 1.64 and save/apply. If not at least try to load optimized and save/apply, then reboot and try to set only the ram voltage

Without some different DDR3 it is going to be hard to find the issue really, but I would suspect that may be the trouble

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply lsd = ). I'll definitely try that when I can, but I can't get get to bios right now, I think it's in a cold bug or something. My room is really cold, and it seems that when it's cold it turns on, and my graphics card blasts full and stays that way, and the comp stays at a black screen, and it seems like the computer is trying to warm up, because after awhile it reboots, and the the cards fan doesn't go full speed, and it usually gets to bios, sometimes long enough for me to make changes. I've also tryed the optimal defaults and load safe defaults, both did nothing to help me. But I'll try the ram voltage, and get back to you with my bios. P.s I don't have any friends who own ddr3, let alone a gaming rig = (.

Comment

Ahh well good luck, if you can get in the BIOS and adjust your ram voltage that may get it fixed up.

Have you tried clearing the Cmos using the button or manual methods? That could also help, here is my manual method (See post #2) >>>

Hey, do you have a older GFX card to test out to be sure your 4870x2 is not the issue?

Comment

I think it's something in the bios causing it to restart. Because when I turn it on, the computer starts up, fans turn on and everything, but it sits there for like 5 mins at a black screen, nothing happening, no codes on the motherboard saying it's doing anything, so I assume voltages aren't a problem as it's staying on for about 5 mins at that point. Then after waiting a bit it usually restarts then it starts indicating codes on the motherboard, then thats where it starts to restart, and looping. Now I tried 2 different video cards, no luck, and I just tried re seating the cpu, no luck. So as of right now, I can't even reach the bios at all, it usually restarts 1-2 seconds in. Also tried clearing the cmos multiple times through the back button and the battery itself. I'm hoping if I rma it, that I won't get the same problems. $1600 dollars later, and I'm going to have to rma my motherboard, and wait, and hope that just replacing the motherboard will fix the problem = (.

Comment

I know it says rma discussion is banned, but I'm wondering if someone could just shed a little light on my situation. I'm going to rma the motherboard, because I feel I've tried everything to get it to work. Should I try to rma the ram as well, incase the ram is the problem, because I don't technically know if it is.

Comment

Hey, do you have the ram in the correct slots? They should be in the 2, 4, 6 slots not the 1, 3, 5 slots.

Just checking with you as I was doing some testing today and found I see a similar response if I put ram in the incorrect DDR3 slots.

Comment

I am almost positive this is a bios problem. Thy recycling loop on startup on many motherboards indicate a cpu detection problem. An updated bios should correct this. I would try to reset the bios again and see if you can verify the version number. Pull everything out and keep only basic components in. Only have 1 stick of memory in the slot.
                Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme (bios revision beta F6B) / I7 920 @ 3.8GHz 1.3V (190 x 20)
                Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 3X2GB 8-8-8-24 @ 1.64v (running at 1520MHz with 8 multi)
                EVGA GTX 285 x 2 SLI
                Samsung Syncmaster 275T LCD
                Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Modular PSU
                ASUS Xonar DX2 w/Onkyo TX-SR706 / Kef 7.1
                Sennheiser HD595
                2 x 300GB Velocoraptors in RAID 0
                Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
                Coolermaster H.A.F.932 / Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

Comment

I tried the ram like you said lsd no luck = (. I'm guessing it's a bios problem as well. As of right now it's not even restarting. It powers on and sits there with no picture, and on the motherboard it says some code that is either 88 or BB.

Comment

Also I'm going to be picking up a motherboard speaker tomorrow, so hopefully that will help me identify the problem.

Comment

I ended up trying new ram, and still same problem, so i sent it back for a return. I'm scared to try this board again, after reading all of the same results, seems like hit or miss with this board.

Comment

See if you can borrow a set of 2x1 or 2x2 DDR3 as well if you know anyone. Or if you have some spare cash pickup a 1GB or 2x1GB kit, just so you can rule out ram as the issue

Comment

I went to a local computer shop to see if he could test my ram. Turns out he didn't have a motherboard to test my ram on, so he did me a favor, he actually let me take 2 sticks of ddr3 2x1, for free to test, as long as I left my old stuff at the shop. Took them home, tried them, still the same problem, so I took them back to the shop, gave them back, and he gave me my ram back, and I went home and filed for an rma.

Comment

Problem solved = ). Rma'd my motherboard, and got a new one, and everything is working fine now. No reboots or anything.

Comment

Superb news! Glad to see you were easily able to borrow some ram for testing, but sorry to hear you had to RMA. Sounds like that went over fairly easy as well (Newegg?)

Great to hear you now have a running system!!

Comment

Working...
                              X