Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GA-EP45-DS3R and not even BIOS

Hi
    Has just spend the evening replacing my old motherboard with an GA-EP45-DS3 - no success at all.

When turning on the PC. all phase LEDs is alive, but thats about it. Nothing on the screen and no beeeps. After 10-12 seconds, the PC closes down and tries again - often a bit longer than first time.

My PSU is a NorthQ 4775-400 delivering 400 W to an Intel 2.4 GHz. Power connectors has 4 pins to the CPU and 20 pins to ATX. Have tried to move a set of DDR2 from one bank to another.

Any suggestions?

Jens Peter

Re: New GA-EP45-DS3R and not even BIOS

You did connect a case speaker correct? Just checking

What CPU is it you have, and what memory (Link to ram if you can)?

Try it with one stick of ram in slot one and see if that helps any. If not you will need to next try clearing the CMOS. My method is posted in post #2 here >>>

If you still have no luck you are going to need to remove the board from the case, and off the tray and put it on a box or wooden table. This is to eliminate shorts as a cause of failure.

Then see if the board will start, if not......

Then remove ALL hardware except the CPU (you could also reseat this while you have it out of the case. If you do check for bent pins in the socket), one stick of ram, your GFX card, and that is it. Nothing else, no Hard Drives, CD/DVD Drives, ect. Then see if the board will start.

If the board starts with only those items them one by one plug in the other items until you find the item that is causing the failure.

Ya know, after re-reading your reply I think I know your issue. This is a 24Pin ATX board, not 20. So you need to have a PSU with a 24pin connector and a 8pin ATX 12V CPU Cable would be best as well (Not needed, but just thought I would point that out to you incase you go to buy a new PSU) A 20Pin will not work in the 24pin slot

I looked at your PSU, Here at Tom's and they show it to have the 24Pin so you may be ok an just thought you had 20 or was mistaken about it all. If you have 24pin then you are fine in that aspect.

Please post your full specs, CPU, Ram (Link or Model) and GFX Card as well so I can better advise you if you need further help

Comment

Thanks for your help. I found a number of issues: 1) had not noticed, that the PSU actually was a 20 +4 2) Still no reaction, so removed everything including the battery and after that, the system came alive 3) But just until I put back the original DDR2-533 1 GB sticks - they do not work with this MB

Comment

Ahh OK well 20+4 is Same as 24 so that is ok.

Sorry to hear your memory does not work with this board, but that may very well be the only issue. Some memory just is not compatible with some boards, happens with all brands of memory and boards.

So you getting new ram then I take it?

Comment

My luck - I had already bougt 4 GB extra, so I could proceed with the installation.
          Had also to replace an AGP GA board with a PCI-E and choose Gigabyte GV-NX96T512HP (no fan!) so now I I'm the lucky happy of a very quit PC

Comment

So all is well, you kinda confused me with that post?

Comment

Working...
            X