• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Fan can be attached to UD3P?

Hi There,

I plan to get a Cooler Master Case RC-690
    with 3x 120mm fan build in an the Possibility of additional
    3x 120mm and 1x 80mm

How can I connect all of that to The GA-EP45-UD3P?

I have also seen Some Front panel Fan Controller with 4 fan button
    I will have a cooling tower cooler master V8 with also Comme with a Speed control button to be fixed at the Back of the case...

How would you set it up for The best possible Air Circulation?

This Is Extracted for the PDF manual
    The motherboard has a 4-pin CPU fan header (CPU_FAN), a 3-pin (SYS_FAN1) and a 4-pin (SYS_FAN2) system fan headers, and a 3-pin power fan header (PWR_FAN).
    Most fan headers possess a foolproof insertion design. When connecting a fan cable, be sure to connect it in the correct orientation (the black connector wire is the ground wire). The motherboard supports CPU
    fan speed control, which requires the use of a CPU fan with fan speed control design. For optimum
    heat dissipation, it is recommended that a system fan be installed inside the chassis.

Thank you In advance for your help
    Core 2 Duo E8400 (E0)
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (F9 Bios)
    Cooler Master V8
    Corsair Dominator 1066 PC2 8500 C5 2x 2gb w/cooling fan
    (5.5.5.15 at 2.1v)
    Western Digital 640 blue caviar (2 unit)
    Palit Hd 4870 sonic dual cooler
    Cooler Master Silent pro 700w
    Cooler master RC 690 w/ 6 fan 120mm

Re: How Many Fan can be attached to UD3P?

I have the coolernaster v8 seems to work v well.
    Aside from the cpu 120mm fan,gx card fan and the psu 120mm fan I have 4 others installed.
    1.a 120mm fan blowing on the ram and the northbridge.Its connected to the speed variable header so it will speed up if things get hotter.
    2.2 80mm exhaust fans (the case had 2 holes for that size,a single 120mm might be as good or better).One is connected to a sys fan header,the other is connected directly to a spare molex lead from the psu.
    3.One of those smallextractor fans that clip onto and exhaust thu a spare card slot.
    Its mounted below the gx card and is also connected to a spare psu connector.
    There are no "intake fans" as such .Ive drilled extra holes at the front and bottom of the case and put "cooker hood fan" filter material behind them to stop all the dust etc getting in.
    Check the dimensions on the case the v8 is very tall.
    Sounds like yours will be big enough tho if it holds 120 mm fans in the back.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Re: How Many Fan can be attached to UD3P?

Thanks Kick,

for your Valuable Input....

Michel
      Core 2 Duo E8400 (E0)
      Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (F9 Bios)
      Cooler Master V8
      Corsair Dominator 1066 PC2 8500 C5 2x 2gb w/cooling fan
      (5.5.5.15 at 2.1v)
      Western Digital 640 blue caviar (2 unit)
      Palit Hd 4870 sonic dual cooler
      Cooler Master Silent pro 700w
      Cooler master RC 690 w/ 6 fan 120mm

Comment

Working...
      X