Help Please. GA-EX58-UD4P won't boot, contant restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Please. GA-EX58-UD4P won't boot, contant restart

Please try with all 3 dimms in slots 1/3/5 and clear your CMOS using the method I posted here in post # 2 (The long method) >>>

Then try to start the board

So no bent pins eh? Just ask cause you said "Normally"

If you have no luck please remove all hardware except your CPU/Heatsink, one or three sticks of ram (Try both ways) and your GFX Card, that is it. No hard drives, cd drives, fans, ect. This will rule out other faulty hardware as a issue.

When you say you have the board out of the case and on ESD Foil, you do have the board OFF the motherboard tray correct? If not, please do so now to be sure you do not have a short somewhere

Are you using stock cooler? If so BE SURE it is fully connected and the clips are all engaged and snug

Comment

Ok, I'll try again with all 3 dimms...

I allready have minimal installation: PSU, CPU + cooler, motherboard, GFX card and RAM...And have already tried with other PSU and GFX card, so they are ruled out as problemsource I think...

No, it's not connected anymore to the motherboard tray, it's just the motherboard, lying on it's own foil with some of the protective soft thing inside the bag.

I'll check the CPU once more for broken pins, I hope the cooling paste doenst get screwed...

I'll do the reset and then with 2 dimms, but I already tried removing the battery for a whole night, but it didn't work....my local computer store was told (by gigabyte, to try to boot with the battery upside down, but that didn't work either...)..

Cheerz,
      Tom

Comment

I checked the pins....when I installed my CPU (I have always payed high attention and have always installed the cpu properly!!) I had to apply a real lot of pressure on the lever because it really wouldnt close...On another forum they said that if it was in right position I had just to push, so I didnt but I heard some "creaking" when I did it, but apparently it should be normal...now, when I remove cpu, everything looks the same, there are no single pins that look bent or broken....but when I go look really closer....they all seem to be bent a bit, but I think that is normal, because they wouldnt all bent in same direction if it was my fault, not?...20 minutes almost over for cmos reset :) I'm curious :) I hope you can become my hero :)

EDIT: looked at some pictures, my socket seems to be perfectly ok...
        Last edited by Thombose; 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Ok, it didn't work.....still the same problem...it's driving me nuts....

Comment

Sorry I never updated anyone. I ended up RMA'ing the board. The new one took about 2 weeks to get here but it's been running like a champ for the last 3 weeks. Haven't dared to overclock it yet but everything looks pretty good.

I even bought a POST diagnostic card in case everything failed, but it's working great.

I still have the same Patriot memory I mentioned in my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Thombose View Post
              Ok, I'll try again with all 3 dimms...

I allready have minimal installation: PSU, CPU + cooler, motherboard, GFX card and RAM...And have already tried with other PSU and GFX card, so they are ruled out as problemsource I think...

No, it's not connected anymore to the motherboard tray, it's just the motherboard, lying on it's own foil with some of the protective soft thing inside the bag.

I'll check the CPU once more for broken pins, I hope the cooling paste doenst get screwed...

I'll do the reset and then with 2 dimms, but I already tried removing the battery for a whole night, but it didn't work....my local computer store was told (by gigabyte, to try to boot with the battery upside down, but that didn't work either...)..

Cheerz,
              Tom
              Originally posted by Thombose View Post
              I checked the pins....when I installed my CPU (I have always payed high attention and have always installed the cpu properly!!) I had to apply a real lot of pressure on the lever because it really wouldnt close...On another forum they said that if it was in right position I had just to push, so I didnt but I heard some "creaking" when I did it, but apparently it should be normal...now, when I remove cpu, everything looks the same, there are no single pins that look bent or broken....but when I go look really closer....they all seem to be bent a bit, but I think that is normal, because they wouldnt all bent in same direction if it was my fault, not?...20 minutes almost over for cmos reset :) I'm curious :) I hope you can become my hero :)

EDIT: looked at some pictures, my socket seems to be perfectly ok...

What type of Foil is this? I suggest you put the board on a wooden table or cardboard box to be sure. The design of ESD bags is to keep static collected on the Outside of the bag, away from the inside. So it is not always safe to put a board on a ESD Bag

Yes about the pins, sorry, they are all actually Bent. You just wanted to look for ones that are possibly bent incorrectly.

It sounds like you may need to RMA your board

I also do not suggest putting in a battery backwards as that may fry your battery, I cannot believe they suggested that to you. Although it would be the same as booting without a battery it could also harm your board or battery. I doubt Gigabyte suggested this to your supplier at all

Comment

I brought it back to the shop, there, they told me that only 3 out of 5 of the gigabyte boards work, they gave me another one and it works perfectly....to all those who have same problem, just RMA the stupid board and ask a new one...if it doesn't work either, get yourself an ASUS :)...anyway, thanx for all the suggestions and replies, I really appreciate the effort, the board was just DOA....

Thanx

Comment

Ahh, great to hear you have a working board now!!

3 out of 5 working boards, what did you mean by that? Did you have 5 of them?

Comment

NO, the shop where I bought them told me of that number...The dude that assembles their pc's had the same problem with a lot of GB boards....and he said that 2 out of 5 boards didnt work :p

Comment

@Skratch

Hey I was having the exact same problem.
                      Went back to the store and exchanged it for Asus, Couldn't get OSX to run on Asus.
                      Took it back to get EX58-UD3R a second chance. Didn't work again.
                      I though what are the odd i got 2 bad Mobo, so i dried attaching all the power cables from my old Vaio on to mobo and it powered up no problem.
                      I figure maybe it can be picky or sensative to PSU, try getting a new power supply unit thats how i fixed it

-Gygabyte EX58-UD3R
                      -i7 920
                      -EVGA 9800 GTX
                      -Kingston 1333 DDR3

Comment

Working...
                      X