q9550+ep45-UD3P help overclock to 4.5ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q9550+ep45-UD3P help overclock to 4.5ghz

Is there any chance to overclock my q9550 to 4.5ghz? i just got my Freezone CPU Chiller watercooling system.

please help if there's chance for me to overclock it @4.5ghz

my current 100% stable system @4ghz

******Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)******<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Robust Graphics Booster.........................[ Auto ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Clock Ratio.................................[ 8 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio............................[ + 0.5 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Frequency 4.0GHz............................[ 475 x 8.5 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    ******Clock Chip Control******<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Host Clock Control..........................[ Enabled ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)........................[ 475 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz).....................[ 100 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    C.I.A 2 [Disabled] <O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    ******Advanced Clock Control******<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Clock Drive.................................[ 800mv ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    PCI Express Clock Drive.........................[ 900mv ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    MCH Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    ******DRAM Performance Control******<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Performance Enhance.............................[ Turbo ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    (G) MCH Frequency Latch.........................[ 400MHz ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    System Memory Multipler.........................[ 2.00D ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Memory Frequency 800............................[ 950 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[ Manual ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CAS Latency Time................................[ 5 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tRCD............................................[ 5 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tRP.............................................[ 5 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tRAS............................................[ 15 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    ******Advanced Timing Control******<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tRRD............................................[ 3 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tWTR............................................[ 3 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tWR.............................................[ 6 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tRFC............................................[ 52 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    tRTP............................................[ 3 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Command Rate (cmd)..............................[ 2T ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    <O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>

******Motherboard Voltage Control******<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Load-Line Calibration...........................[ Enabled ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Vcore [ 1.21250 ]...................[ 1.237 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Termination [ 1.20 ]...................[ 1.30 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU PLL [ 1.50 ]...................[ 1.50 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    CPU Reference [ 0.760 ]...................[ 0.863 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    MCH Core [ 1.100 ]...................[ 1.30 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    MCH Reference [ 0.760 ]...................[ 0.863 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    MCH/DRAM Refernce [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.960 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    ICH I/O [ 1.500 ]...................[ 1.500 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    ICH Core [ 1.100 ]...................[ 1.100 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    DRAM Voltage [ 1.800 ]...................[ 1.920 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    DRAM Termination [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.960 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Channel A Ref [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.960 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    Channel B Ref [ 0.900 ]...................[ 0.960 ]<O:P itxtvisited="1"></O:P>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Re: q9550+ep45-UD3P help overclock to 4.5ghz

raise the vcore to 1.4+, raise the vtt to 1.4v and MCH to 1.4, play with references and try 8.5x500

After that its going to be hard to get very far past 500fsb I think. Keep an eye on temps and add more voltages till you get there
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

That watercooling/TEC kit actually is pretty decent, you do have a shot at litlle less than 4.5GHz. I just looked at this review and if you set it to 100% it cools quite well. For $400 I would get myself a custom watercooling setup (if i didn't have one yet), but if you're not into making your own this kit is pretty decent.

Most E0 quads max out at 500-510 FSB, so 4.5GHz may not be completely inthere, but 500x8.5 is possible. You will need to increase CPU termiantion (vtt) though to at least 1.4V and try and see if another reference voltage gets you the 500+ FSB.
      I would lower the multiplier while tryng to get the FSB up there, you can exclude VCore being too low when you do that. If it doesn't boot when you up the multi again just increasing VCore should do the trick then.

Comment

i saw someone that can overclock his q9550 to 4.7-4.8ghz with the same borad i had...

so what is the limit for q9550?

Comment

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The limit is your chip and your cooling. Every chip is different, the guy with 4.7GHz might have jsut gotten incredibly lucky with his CPU or he just has a very good CPU (instead of a great one) and some very very good cooling. He might also have a Q9650, and the higher multiplier helps with overclocking as well.
            Limit is usually 500-515 FSB, so about 4350MHz CPU speed. If you really know what you're doing you may get a little higher, but since you're posting here I assumed you do not know ;)

Comment

so is there chance overclock it to 4.3ghz

Comment

Originally posted by afeng View Post
                so is there chance overclock it to 4.3ghz
                Yes but that Zalman is not the best cooler for the job. So watch your temps as those will be the 1st limiting thing. DL realtemp to watch temps and keep distance to tJmax at least 20-30 deg c and you'll be fine
                New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

With 8GB you will have a very hard time running the FSB Needed for 4.3-4.5

I would start with putting performance enhance on standard and then making all your ram timings much looser then you have now. Then just start raising your vcore as you go, watching temps of course

Comment

Working...
                  X