Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 Memory compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 Memory compatability

I have read the QVL listing for the GA-MA790X-UD4 motherboard and am interested in getting the Geil GB28GB6400C5QC 8GB (4x2GB) memory kit. But due to it's limited availability here in the USA. It kinda worries me if it's a doomed company or something. So I did some searching and found the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B 4GB (2x2GB), I would use 2 of these for 8GB total. And the F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ (4x2GB) kits. But I have failed to find anyone using either of these with an AMD PhenomII 940 and the GA-MA790X-UD4 running XP Pro x64.

Is there anyone who has used these combinations or have a recommendation. I would prefer to use a total 8GB of DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) memory.

Any recommendations if those mentioned are not worth a darn?

Thanks for your time.

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 Memory compatability

Not many AMD guys around here unfortunately and I think it's unlikely that some has that combination :(

Try asking people over at Xtreme Systems in their AMD section, they may be able to tell you what kit runs with 4x2GB.

Comment

Sorry, as said above not many AMD users here?

Sorry I can't advise you for sure. If you would like some links to forums that have AMD Specific sections I can link you up.

We are not trying to not help you, so dont think that at all! We just can't be sure of what to advise since not many use AMD here is all

Comment

No problem. Thanks anyway. I figured since this was a Gigabyte motherboard section and the header stating this....

"GIGABYTE needs no introduction but they are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products!".

That there would be someone who knows what they are talking about on the AMD side of things. Guess I was wrong for thinking that.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Ya, sorry man I wish I could help but sadly I am not much help in the AMD Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Callandor2k View Post
            I have read the QVL listing for the GA-MA790X-UD4 motherboard and am interested in getting the Geil GB28GB6400C5QC 8GB (4x2GB) memory kit. But due to it's limited availability here in the USA. It kinda worries me if it's a doomed company or something. So I did some searching and found the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B 4GB (2x2GB), I would use 2 of these for 8GB total. And the F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ (4x2GB) kits. But I have failed to find anyone using either of these with an AMD PhenomII 940 and the GA-MA790X-UD4 running XP Pro x64.

Is there anyone who has used these combinations or have a recommendation. I would prefer to use a total 8GB of DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) memory.

Any recommendations if those mentioned are not worth a darn?

Thanks for your time.

I hope I did not get here to late. I'm using 4GB G.SKILL (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK) PC2-8500 @ 5-5-5-15 1066MHz and it is compatible with our motherboards.

The RAM was recognised out of the box. A word of caution though, you can only use two sticks of 1066MHz RAM in that motherboard. If you want more memory you will have to use four sticks of 800MHz RAM.

Comment

I had to sign up here once I saw the post above with a very similar system to the one I have built recently. Basically this;

Gigabyte MA790X-UD4
              Phenom II x4 940
              G.Skill 4Gb DD2 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
              HD4890 1Gb
              3x 640Gb Wester Digital
              OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU

I cannot for the life of me get this system to boot at all. The PSU works fine because I am using it to power this rig while I figure out what is wrong with me new one. But in the new system, the PSU fan spins slowly, the blue light flickers, a couple of fans will spin, the GPU fan will spin....but the system will not boot.

It's as if the only thing not receiving power is the motherboard....which I seriously hope isn't DOA. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post
                I had to sign up here once I saw the post above with a very similar system to the one I have built recently. Basically this;

Gigabyte MA790X-UD4
                Phenom II x4 940
                G.Skill 4Gb DD2 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
                HD4890 1Gb
                3x 640Gb Wester Digital
                OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU

I cannot for the life of me get this system to boot at all. The PSU works fine because I am using it to power this rig while I figure out what is wrong with me new one. But in the new system, the PSU fan spins slowly, the blue light flickers, a couple of fans will spin, the GPU fan will spin....but the system will not boot.

It's as if the only thing not receiving power is the motherboard....which I seriously hope isn't DOA. Anyone have any ideas?
                What chassis do you have? It may be a short somewhere.

Rebuild the system outside the chassis (take precaution against ESD) and see if it boots up.

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, i've tried that already. I'm seriously at a loss here.

Comment

Have you asked G.Skill if they have tested this combination?

Comment

It didn't seem necessary to ask, as the guy above (Xerran) has the same combo working.

Comment

Ahh, I overlooked that. Sorry I can't help much myself with AMD. Can or have you PM'd him, maybe you can get him to post his settings from the MIT Section since he has the same setup.

That is where I would start for sure since he has it working

Comment

Working...
                        X