Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-Extreme not detecting multiple SSD

Hello,

I would like to use two striped OCZ Core V2 60GB for OS.
    When I have both connected I can see one of them. If I disconnect the one I do see. Then I see the other. The only way to see them both is to put them one different controllers. But then I can't stripe them. I've tried striping them on other computers and that works.
    I've tried bios F4m and F6f

I have even put in a 30GB SSD to see if that worked better but no luck.

Posting this here because the last time I had a problem it only took a few days for the BIOS programmers to fix it. :) I'm hoping this problem is easily fixed.

Best regards,
    Laarkie

Re: EX58-Extreme not detecting multiple SSD

So you cant see it in the BIOS devices page?? where can you NOT see it?!
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

I can't see them (both at the same time) in BIOS, or in the Raid setup ( CTRL-I). Just one at a time. I have tried AHCI, RAID.

Comment

Are you connecting them both to the Intel Controller, if so please connect them in SATAII 0 and SATAII 1 ports and see if you can see them.

If you had been doing that, then I am not sure what could cause this. I will see if anyone at Gigabyte has tested multiple SSD's on this board with the latest BIOS's when I speak with them next. In the meantime have you asked the Tech team about this, if not go ahead and shoot off a email to them as well while you wait >>>
        GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

Yes, I use the Intel controller.
          I haven't tried to put them in Port 0 and 1 yet. Port 0,1 and 5 are occupied with Velociraptor disks. I have only tested them in port 3 and 4 on the Intel controller.

As for contacting the tech-support on the Gigabyte site I haven't done that yet. The last time I contacted them it felt like pre firstline support.
          But I will contact them.

Tonight I will disconnect all other drives and place the disks in Port 0 and 1. And port 0 and 1 on the "white" ports. If that still doesn't work I will install an Adaptec raid card to use until it gets fixed.

Best regards,
          Laarkie
          Last edited by Laarkie; 03-12-2009, 06:58 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

NOTHING WRONG WITH BIOS OR MOTHERBOARD

This is a bit embarrasing.
            After removing everything and just having the SSD:s in port 0 and 1 it worked just fine. I then started to add the other disks one at a time.
            One Velociraptor couldn't be found. I disconnected the graphics card and saw that one SATA cable wasn't inserted all the way. :)

thanks again Lsdmeasap for another smart tip.

Please feel free to remove this thread as the GA-EX58-EXtreme have no problem detecting multiple SSD. It just has a lazy user that didn't make sure the cables were ok.

Best Regards,
            Laarkie

Comment

Nice to see you got it, and found that unplugged drive!

I do suggest you use ports 0 + 1 on the Blue (Intel Controller) though, it is much faster

Post back anytime!

Comment

Working...
              X