Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 Can't Install Operating System

Hi,
    This is my first build and I am having problems installing an OS , I tried windows 7 from a flash USB and it manages to load the install screen but then the install option does not appear. I tried it in my laptop and it worked fine. I then switched to vista dvd and the exact same thing happened it loads up fine but then the option to install never appears. I can still move my mouse cursor around the screen so it definitly has not frozen.

Any ideas?

Re: EX58-UD5 Can't Install Operating System

Can you please post a image of this window you are getting?

What is your full specs, and how do you have your drives connected and what settings per disks do you have set in the BIOS Integrated Peripherals BIOS page?

Can you try it again with Legacy USB Storage Detect Disabled in the BIOS? This may not work as it may never find the USB Stick to boot to, but worth a shot. Along with that being disabled, also try your install DVD again and see if that works now with that setting disabled

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply, I managed to install windows just by waiting for a couple of hours.

I updated the bios. but now I can't boot at all from usb hdd. Any idea how to fix this

Comment

Waiting a couple hours? What do you mean, you had to leave the window up for hours or what? Hope not!

Well glad you got installed anyway! Did you find the cause or not?

To Boot from USB Stick you have to be sure "Legacy USB Storage Detect/USB Storage Function on X58" is enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page, then hit F12 at startup to get to the Boot Menu (Boot Order in the BIOS does not matter) and choose HDD, then on the next screen choose your USB Stick by name and boot to it. The USB Stick must be plugged in the whole time of course

Comment

Thanks, that worked and the bios update seems to have fixed the installation issues.

Comment

Nice to hear you got it all going and your OS installed. Post back anytime if you need more help with something

Comment

Hi folks,

Not to resurrect a dead thread but wanted to add something that someone else may find helpful...

I just bought an EX58-UD5 and the first issue I ran into was similar to the OP where the Vista 64 install disc would load the initial install screen except nothing would pop up except the mouse cursor. After trying a reboot a couple of times I just let it sit. Low and behold the screen came up and after about 1.5 hours I finally managed to install Vista.

The answer to the slow install problem... I had the default 1.44MB 3.5" floppy set to enabled even though I didn't have a floppy connected to the board. Disabled floppy in BIOS and voila, normal Vista install.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

Riker

Comment

Working...
              X