Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 with E6750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 with E6750

Hi i want to overclock my computer a bit more, i am now running it at 3000 MHz (8 x 375) stable with vcore on auto
    If I go over 3 ghz the system gets a bit unstable, I dont really know what to put the vcore at and when my cpu is working alot in a game or stress test, the soundquality gets kinda bad, but i dont know why :(

Could anyone help me with some settings in bios for making it stable I dont really know how high I can clock but my cpu cooler is good. Is it possible to get 3,6 ghz? or maybe 3,4 ghz would be nice to.

Spec
    • Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4
    • DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
      Cooler : Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme with Noctua NF-P12
    • NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)
    • 4x (Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400) 4GB
    • Corsair Powersupply 650W
    • WDC WD1500HLFS-01G6U0 ATA Device (139 GB, IDE)
    • ST3250410AS ATA Device (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
    • Optiarc DVD RW AD-5200A ATA Device

Re: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 with E6750

About 3.8-3.9Ghz is the usual max overclock on air cooling for that CPU.
    For 3.6GHz you would need about 1.42-1.46V real (in CPU-Z under load), so adjust the BIOS setting so that this is the VCore you see in CPU-Z shows, what setting you need to use in BIOS to reach that Vcore is irrelevant.
    Be sure to adjust the system memory multiplier (set it to 2.0), if you increase the FSB without changing that you overclock the RAM as well.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! i did not know about the Voltage drop for the cpu

Comment

The voltage drop form BIOS to real is normal, and varies from board to board. I think it has something to do with different CPUs drawing different amounts of power, the voltage differnence gets bigger the more power the CPU draws.
        The BIOS setting does not matter though, if you go to any serious OC forum everyone only talks about CPU-Z values, the BIOS setting is rarely mentioned.

Comment

ok the only problem left is the sound thing I will do some more stability testing tomorrow but first thing i noticed when i enter windows with 3,6 ghz is the laggy and kinda crappy sound quality, but i have no idea of why. Have you seen anyone with that problem?

do i need to put in an external sound card?

Comment

Working...
          X