Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a video BSOD, the raid console locks the system while verifying & repairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a video BSOD, the raid console locks the system while verifying & repairing

Hi

<o:p></o:p>
    I have two problems with the 1<SUP>st</SUP> probably causing the initial damage to the 2nd.<o:p></o:p>

Shortly after the build, when playing Far Cry 2, I started getting the NVLDDMKM.sys BSOD that seems to be a running issue.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>I started looking it into it and it seemed an old issue with no clear solution. </o:p>

<o:p>But, quickly that became a smaller problem.</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>On one of the BSOD's, the Intel storage manager needed to verify & repair the volume. It did & all was fine.
    2a. After another BSOD, the Intel Matrix Storage Console hard locks the system @ 72 % complete verifying & repairing the Volume. I let it sit locked for a few hours and then did a power switch reset.

After repeative results, I don't want to think "reinstall," but don't see another way out

Any solutions or suggestions on either issue greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Re: After a video BSOD, the raid console locks the system while verifying &amp; repairing

I saw that you are not overclocking at all but, did you already tested your memory timing and voltage setup with Memtest86+ (installed on floppy or boot CD)? It must be stable for 12 hour or even more if you seriously pretend to do gaming.
    And just for the records, which PS are you using?
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Re: After a video BSOD, the raid console locks the system while verifying &amp; repairing

For the heck of it did a mem test and it's fine.

PS is a 1K galaxy Enermax, so I think that's good

Comment

Do you have another Graphics card to try in your system? Do that if you can. Your NVLDDMKM crap could be related to a card problem or overheating or anything really, But its something to try
        Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
        Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
        Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
        Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
        Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
        G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
        2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
        Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
        2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
        Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
        Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
        ------------------------------------------------
        Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
        Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
        ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
        Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
        Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
        Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
        NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
        1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
        Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
        Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

NVLDDMKM is a Nvidia driver error for sure, and is widely known to have many random causes that affect games and or normal OS Use. The only thing you can do really is downclock the card, try older/newer drivers until you find one that works for you, or switch to ATI

I see you are running stock speeds, but what Ram is this? XMP is not always going to be correct per your CPU so you may need to set your own voltages. That could also be the cause because if the XMP setting for QPI/Vtt voltage is wrong and your particular CPU needs more or less voltage to run the speed you have set then it may cause issues with various things.

As you know may or may now know Auto is not suggested, and even at stock it is not suggested by me anyway. As for Auto now that it also covers XMP which includes QPI/Vtt voltages I really do not suggest it at all. I actually cannot believe memory manufacturers put, and are allowed to put, a QPI/Vtt (Uncore) voltage setting in the XMP since this is a CPU Specific voltage setting and all CPU's would need a different amount for the same ram speed, depending on the CPU itself, the uncore speed, the ram timings, and the overall CPU Speed (Blck) and thus QPI link speed.

If you need some help with settings once you get reinstalled let me know and I can give you some help

Comment

Working...
          X