Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep45-ds3l boot problems

First post newbie,
    Have had problems with Geforce 6200 and system continuously rebooting.Thought it was the 6200, replaced with HD4850. This new card would not boot except in safe mode. Got it to boot in VGA but trying to change display resulted in BSOD.After repeated attempts I cannot boot at all. (black screen only) could this be due to Memory timing?
    Any suggestions as to how to access Bios?(boots from HD)
    Dave

Re: Ep45-ds3l boot problems

To get to the bios,hold del key(I assume thats the bios key on boot up).Boot up with basic components ,ps2 mouse and wired keyboard if you have them.
    Use the old 6200 if its still around.Try it a couple of times.
    When you say black screen, do you get a cursor flashing in the top left or is it totally black?
    If it doesnt work ,power off turn the psu switch off for a full minute and try again.
    If that doesnt work clear the cmos with the jumper and boot up again.
    Assuming u get to the bios great, load and save optimum defaults and you should be good.
    Once you get to windows get rid of all the old Nvidia drivers,you may have to use driver sweeper or a similar utility.
    Which version of windows is it?
    xp the usual recommendation is to go into it in vga mode ,ignore the "new hardware detected" until it has booted properly then install the drivers for your HD4850.
    Thats what Id try anyway.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Kick, thanks for the quick reply, I cannot get into bios but I will try again tonight. The screen is completely black. I did load optimum defaults and thats when I got the black screen.I have removed the old drivers and I have XP pro.
      Dave

Comment

Made some changes to the bios but still having problems, the only way I could get this to display was to remove all video drivers including Ati. It shows just generic Microsoft adapter and driver. When I installed just the Ati driver it would not boot. I have the Thermaltake 430w PSU that only has 18a on the 12 volt rail, could this be the problem? Also as a reinforcement to my thinking, on the main supply connector from the Psu it has a 2x10 connector and a seperate 2x2 connecter. I do not have the smaller 2x2 connected, is that correct?
        Any help is greatly appreciated.
        Dave
        xp pro
        thermaltake 430w psu

Comment

Working...
        X