UD4P Bios updates & Ocing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD4P Bios updates & Ocing

I flashed to the latest bios F6 then F7e and can no longer OC well. With F5 Ocing the i7 920 was a breeze. Is anyone else having issues with these newer bios?
    <<< System Summary >>>

> Power Supply: CORSAIR 750TX
    > Mainboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme Bios 1102
    > CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ Stock settings
    > CPU HeatSink: Thermalright Ultra 120
    > Physical Memory:Mushkin Ridgeback 998826 6GB 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24
    > Video Card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    > DVD-Rom Drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B
    > Monitor Type: Lacie Electron 22 Blue IV
    > OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64

Re: UD4P Bios updates &amp; Ocing

I'm running the F6 & have a big hole above 168 to about 185...running a bit too hot until I get my new cooler for 185 so I'm stuck at 168

Have not tried anything in the 7 series--have a question in the bios thread about when there will be any updates?

Comment

F7e (all of them actually) clock very well for me, just as easy as any of the F6's or F5's

So it must just be your settings you are trying JJJ, if you need help with settings let me know

They have not released any new BIOS's for any of the models in the past week or so, I think we may be seeing some Finals roll out here shortly Autocrosser. Hopefully soon we will get a updated AHCI BIOS Added in!

Comment

Hmmmmm---any advantages so far with the 7 series? I hate the hole I've got & would really like a way out of it.....Cooler should be here either Friday or Monday (blankin' no weekend deliveries!!!), but it would be nice to creep up on it until I can chill a bit more

Comment

Yes, in F7e they have some added Ram options in the BIOS. A few memory advanced timings, and a setting so you only need to set one set of channels timings instead of all 3 if you like. F7e also correct S3 sleep issues

You stuck with the stock cooler until then? If so, wait it out to overclock too far, it will be worth it and your CPU will thank you

Comment

Not exactly stock--built this unit with a older Zalman 9500--works better than stock, but not good enough to go where I want it to be---am trying a Zalman 9900 to see how it goes---if that won't work then I'll get a True....

Comment

Ahh, well ya anything would be better then stock!

I have not heard much about the 9900, if you don't like it yeah get a TRUE, Xigmatek, or Notcua

Comment

I use approximately the same settings with all the different bios. I have the 920 and can OC to 4GHZ stable with reasonable temps with the TRUE heat sink using the F5 bios (which I flashed back to). However, with the F6 or F7e I have trouble posting and have to have the CPU Vcore to 1.45 and higher to get anything above 3.8GHZ to post--this raises the temps significantly. If others aren't having issues I have no idea what is different about my config.
                <<< System Summary >>>

> Power Supply: CORSAIR 750TX
                > Mainboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme Bios 1102
                > CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ Stock settings
                > CPU HeatSink: Thermalright Ultra 120
                > Physical Memory:Mushkin Ridgeback 998826 6GB 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24
                > Video Card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
                > DVD-Rom Drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B
                > Monitor Type: Lacie Electron 22 Blue IV
                > OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64

Comment

I just updated to the stable 7 bios last night & it "looks" like my O/C hole has closed up---I'm running at 170 right now (Still waiting for my new cooler!!) & as I run Linux there are no good stress-tests available, but I run SETI & that normally tells me if things are stable or not--Anyway, Core temps are a bit high but not in the extreme (68c) & 3.4 with H/T on has been stable for 10 hours now--really like seeing 8 cores running at 100%....Can't wait to get the new cooler to see how high I can go!!!!

I must say that G.Skill memory works a treat for me....have 6G of their DDR3-1600 & running them at 1700 with no problems--Will be interesting to see how far they can O/C also.......

Comment

Working...
                  X