GA31M-ES2L<-- Is this OC able?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA31M-ES2L&lt;-- Is this OC able?

What program is the most accurate measuring the voltage load? CPUID? I left it open one on IBT to see what voltage was looking like-bad idea?

I bumped cpu voltage up to 1.3125v for the 355x9.5 (3.37ghz) fsb setup but crashed in IBT after hitting 21.xx gflops for 2 runs. Bumping a bit more then looking at other areas...
    Last edited by aggiefan; 02-23-2012, 06:21 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (doesn't like to OC high FSB chips)
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+ HSF
    OCZ DDR2 PC2 6400 800mhz SLI Ready 2x4gb 5-4-4-15 2.1v
    EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
    CoolerMaster Centurion case
    OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

HWMonitor will still too much CPU from IBT, just see what vcore is with CPU-Z for a few seconds then close it and restart IBT.
      Have you tried VTT normal and one click down(then up if no go) GTLREF?

EDIT: what was vcore under load?

Comment

Got 355fsb stable using 1.33xvolts but don't want to push much higher until I can fine tune things. Does the screenshot give you the load voltage you wanted?

VTT? CPU voltage?

For the last couple of trial runs including this last successful run at 355fsb, I did lower the GTLREF from [0.67] (the highest option available and default) to [0.65] which is where it still is set. Just running the higher 1.33v right now.
        Last edited by aggiefan; 02-23-2012, 07:07 PM.
        EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
        OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

Yes i guess it's 1.28, try a bit more and see if GFlops go higher.
          Also try tRD 8 or 7.

Comment

at idle CPU-Z shows 1.296v and when I start IBT, it shows voltage drop to 1.28v...will drop static tread to 8
            Last edited by aggiefan; 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM.
            EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
            OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

That's all? not much at all.
              Can you post a MaxxMEM results for 355<Hz?

Comment

EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
                OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

The last two posts are all based on the 355fsb and 1.34375v cpu volatge (in bios before voltage drop)

Compared to your 355 results, you're still blowing me out of the water dude haha!!!
                  Last edited by aggiefan; 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM.
                  EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
                  OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

Try one click down GTLREF(2 clicks down total), and tRD 7.
                    Only change one option at a time so ou know what made things better or worse.
                    I'll be ZZin the next few hours, see you after.

Comment

Hey man I really appreciate the help today, like almost the entire day lol! I just happened to have most of the day off and didn't get much else done besides letting this PC drive me nuts...I'll dropping the values bit by bit and retesting and thanks again!

Jeremy
                      EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
                      OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

I know this memory is rated at CAS 5, but did you try CAS 4 ever? That's why Chikes scores are a lot higher.

And since you are under 800Mhz anyway, you might be able to run 444-12, but try lower tRD first 6 or 7, then CAS 4. All of that may require more memory and or MCH voltage though, up to you on if you want better performance or not, and again the memory might not do it anyway but it's worth trying. If you do try CAS 4, set tRD 8 or so first, then try CAS 4, then lower tRD if CAS 4 works with high tRD

Comment

No I ram with the same memory multi and timings, and also left tRD auto which set it yo 9, but still had a bit better memory performance, see post #129 and post #132 but that's expected P45 has better memory performance than P3xm X38 and X48.
                          At 666 he may do CAS 4 but higher I am not sure, but better leave it 5 higher than this.

He may be able to lower tRD to 7 I think.

One of the main problems is that this board does not have MCH OverVoltage control.

Comment

Ahh ya, I didn't even think of the chipset's being different, that will make a good amount of difference in performance or benchmarks.

So, ya scratch all I mentioned above too, I forgot there's no MCH voltage control!

Comment

Hey guys, I'm back lol....yeah, tRD is already at 7. The latest BIOS setting screenshots are on the previous page along w/the latest Intel Burn Test and Maxxmem/Realtemp numbers. It's too bad I can't max my RAM out at 800mhz because of this board (yet). 710mhz is the highest I've been able to get it based on FSB of 355.

I tried raising the cpu voltage to 1.356v (vs 1.34375v used so far) to up FSB to 366 last night with auto PCI but it crashed and loaded default settings. Tried it with 100 and then 101 PCI but still crashed so no 366FSB yet even w/1.356v. Should I try any higher voltage before hitting the 1.36v barrier or look at other settings?

Perhaps loosen timings just a bit to help with an FSB of 366 or higher?

UPDATE: Leaving everything else alone, I'm trying an FSB of 377mhz w/cpu voltage of 1.34375v. It's booted up stable this way w/PCI set to 101 but fails Intel Burn Test after 2 passes so far...

Hey check out this link...it says the RAM has an EPP mode that will auto configure timings for OC'ing ram.

And this next link shows they OC'd the ram to 1100mhz. Am I being too conservative w/ram timings? Should I set Timings mode to 'Auto' in BIOS perhaps?
                              Last edited by aggiefan; 02-24-2012, 09:46 AM.
                              EVGA 9500GT DDR2 512mb
                              OCZ 500w modular PSU

Comment

The PCI is not the problem, try 360.
                                Rumor is E7200s don't like a too high voltage, but while your idle voltage is up to 1.3625v you should be OK.
                                Mine need very little,compared to the E7500 that needed 1.425v or so in BIOS to run 1.825GHz this one needs only 1.35v, (1.312v under load) for 3.85GHz.

Comment

Working...
                                X