790x-ud4p hard drive set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 790x-ud4p hard drive set up

I just received this board and I have to say as usual I am im pressed with Gigabyte products. I do however have a question about choosing the proper hard drive set up in the bios. When I choose the sata mode i get bosd, If i use the native ide mode it works fine. Do I have to set up a raid to use any other interface other than ide?

I would like to have this unit working at the faster sata speeds if possible, a raid setup isnt really something I feel the need for.

Any assistance would be appreciated...FYI I have loaded the latest Bios
    Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
    Phenom II 555
    EVGA GTX 275 FTW
    OCZ 1600 DDR3 (4GB)
    Corsair TX 750 PSU
    Cooler Master Sniper Case
    Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
    Seagate 500GB Hard Drive (x2)
    Noctura Case Fans (x2)

Re: 790x-ud4p hard drive set up

Yes, you do have to install your OS with either AHCI or RAID Drivers to enable those features.

IDE mode is just labeled that way to not be confused with AHCI/RAID mode, your drives are operating in SATAII mode.

If you do need anymore help let us know and we will try our best to help you out.

Your settings should be like this for a NON AHCI/RAID Setup, and your OS Drive should be plugged into the first yellow (NOT Purple) port labeled SATA2_0 >>>

OnChip SATA Controller ..................................:Enabled

OnChip SATA Type ........................................:Native IDE

OnChip SATA Port4/5 Mode .............................:IDE Or As SATA Type

Connect your CD Drive if you have SATA CD/DVD Drive to one of the last 2 ports on the yellow controller (SATA2_4/5)

Comment

Working...
    X