ep45-ud3r
    e8400 stock cooler with arctic silver 5
    8 gb wintec amp-x
    gtx 260 oc BFG
    2x samsung 1tb hd
    850 watt ps thermaltake
    xfi xtreme gamer
    vista 64

expected the worst from what i've read on forums and started tweaking the memory voltages and settings....failed to boot

so i just adjusted things to make sure everything was running at the speeds it was supposed to and it booted fine

but my only issue seems to be with the onboard ethernet

i run with comcast and a wrt54g2 wireless router but this pc is hardlined to the router

all my other various laptops in the house run fine on the speed and comcast isn't having any issues and everything checks out

all my drivers check out fine as far as there are no red flags in device manager

yet my internet is slow as all hell barely reach 1mbps and occasionally dies completely saying there is no connection to the host at XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

has anyone else dealt with these issues?

I'm not planning on upgrading bios because everything seems fine besides that
    Last edited by sic; 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM.

Re: ep45-ud3r problem with internet

p.s. my temps are 27c at idle and they jump to 49c while gaming (was able to game for a few hours online today before it died again)

Comment

Originally posted by sic View Post
      well i just installed this yesterday:

ep45-ud3r
      e8400 stock cooler with arctic silver 5
      8 gb wintec amp-x
      gtx 260 oc BFG
      2x samsung 1tb hd
      850 watt ps thermaltake
      xfi xtreme gamer
      vista 64

expected the worst from what i've read on forums and started tweaking the memory voltages and settings....failed to boot

so i just adjusted things to make sure everything was running at the speeds it was supposed to and it booted fine

but my only issue seems to be with the onboard ethernet

i run with comcast and a wrt54g2 wireless router but this pc is hardlined to the router

all my other various laptops in the house run fine on the speed and comcast isn't having any issues and everything checks out

all my drivers check out fine as far as there are no red flags in device manager

yet my internet is slow as all hell barely reach 1mbps and occasionally dies completely saying there is no connection to the host at XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

has anyone else dealt with these issues?

I'm not planning on upgrading bios because everything seems fine besides that
      Have you install SP1 or SP2 beta ?

Try install new version Realtek Lan driver from there.

pg
      GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
      New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
      G
      .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
      MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
      PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
      Windows 7 64bit build 7600

Comment

turns out it is actually my router

Comment

Working...
        X