Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Issues with my system. Help, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Issues with my system. Help, please!

Hello everyone. I'm hoping I can get some help here.

I have an EP45-DS3R mobo with a Q6600 CPU and 8Gb 800Mhz OCZ RAM.

For some reason when I turn the PC on, the fans and power light comes on for a second, then it all shuts of for a second and then the PC boots up normally. Also, when I tell windows to restart, the system shut down, but then it sits there for a long time with the screen turned off and the lights on the keyboard on. The it flashes the keyboard lights (as it's supposed to) and posts and boots.

If I go into the BIOS, I do not get any errors as I have before when OC'ing (usually the BIOS will tell me that there was an issue with OC or volatges, blah, blah...).

I am OC's the CPU to 3 Ghz, but not the RAM. It does this even with the BIOS set to Optimized Settings.

Lastly, when Vista 64 loads, after the bottom moving bar, instead of displayng the round logo, sometimes I get a blank screen with a white bar at the very top and I have to cold boot the system. this seems random (Video card is GeForce 8600GT dual DVI with latest 185.50 drivers).

Thanks a bunch,

Rob
    Last edited by tazmanfrom; 04-08-2009, 10:48 AM.
    Rob
    http://www.robertocerini.com
    i7 920 @ 3.40GHz
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    Antec P180 Case
    Antec True Power PSU (650w)

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Re: Weird Issues with my system. Help, please!

What happens if you load just 2x2gig sticks then load the safe defaults?
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 bios 3202
    [email protected].
    CM Hyper 212 EVO blademasters push-pull
    8GB's Samsung 30nm tech ram 1.35v
    EVGA GTX 460 superclocked plus (part# 1G-P3-1372-TR)
    Seasonic X660
    Canada

Comment

I have not tried that yet and will try it, but I have just upgraded to 8Gig last week and it was doing this even with 2 Gigs (2x1 gig chips tested with mem test)

Thanks,

Rob
      Rob
      i7 920 @ 3.40GHz
      ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
      Antec P180 Case

Comment

I think you might have to play with it a bit to get the 8 to run.
        [email protected].
        Seasonic X660
        Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Tyreman View Post
          I think you might have to play with it a bit to get the 8 to run.
          Any suggestions? I'm new to this and I thought I could just plug them in a be done.
          Rob
          i7 920 @ 3.40GHz
          ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
          Antec P180 Case

Comment

Well I don't run that much ram, you need to know the settings.
            Some ram types are differeing to as well.
            Am using Mushkin here
            Try looking about for some settings on the posts here.
            Alternately you could try auto for the ram.
            Just to get it running
            [email protected].
            Seasonic X660
            Canada

Comment

Post all the information u can.
              Post your bios template,Post what voltage the memory is supposed to need at 800 mhz etc.
              I have only tried 8g for one session,using 5300 (generic)samsung 2x2G in slots 2+4 and my Gskill 6400 in 1+3.
              It seemed to work ok but would only clock to around 710mhz stable.
              How much of that is down to being limited by the 667mhz memory or the fact i had 4 sticks running i cant say.
              Lsd etc advise u may not get 4 sticks running at their rated speed in other posts.
              All I can suggest without seeing your stats is ,underclocking the memory until you get stable with 8 G or bump the mch and memory voltage using "standard performance" on the memory in bios.
              I wouldnt advise going over 2.5 v in bios for the memory or 1.4v in bios for mch.The cpu v shouldnt matter as much between 2 or 4 sticks.

Then again there is allways the try 1.05v mch which some people have found works for 4 sticks without high cpu overclocks,
              Last edited by kick; 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM.
              Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
              Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
              Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
              8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
              60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
              GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
              Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
              http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
              X