Audio card issue on EP45-DS3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio card issue on EP45-DS3P

I have built a PC with a Gigabyte EP45-DS3P and a Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Sound Card.

I have disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS as it was causing problems with installing the sound card drivers.

When the PC turns on the PCI-E Audio Card is not detected until you reset the computer and then it works.

It would seem that it wont work off cold boots, but does work on hot boots.

Has anyone got an idea as to what this could be??

Thanks
    Josh
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
    Intel E6400 @ 3.2GHz
    Kingston 1GB x 4 PC5300 @ 800MHz
    Zotac 8800GT AMP! @ 770MHz

Re: Audio card issue on EP45-DS3P

Have yu tried adding some voltage >>>
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.55
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.2

What are you running at anyway, you sure it is stable? What BIOS are you using?

Do you have the latest X0FI drivers and the latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed? Just checking

Comment

I have the same issue with an EP45-DS3P mobo and SB X-FI titanium. Still no solutions found for this anoying issue. :(

I have tried this with vista and XP and both have the same issue. It looks like the PCI-E card is not initialized in time at cold boot and this is not a driver issue. Hmmmm....

Bios: F8
      SB Driver 2.17.0006

Comment

He yoshi68,

I finally got that anoying thing to work. I switched the X-FI card to the PCI-E x4 slot at the bottom of the mobo. It works fine now. I tried to insert it into the other PCI-E x1 slots, but middle one is being occupied by the graphics card overlay (dual slot HD4870x2) and the top PCI-E x1 slot cannot be used for the X-FI card because the heatsink of the chipset is to large or the X-FI card is to long. depends how you look at it.

So just free up your PCI-E x4 slot if occupied and insert your X-FI card in it, reboot and update your drivers and you are done!!! :)

Good luck!!!

Comment

Cheers
          Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
          Intel E6400 @ 3.2GHz
          Kingston 1GB x 4 PC5300 @ 800MHz
          Zotac 8800GT AMP! @ 770MHz

Comment

Nice to see you guys got your cards working!

Thanks for posting back for others in the future as well!

Comment

Working...
            X