Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to check 965p motherboard's revision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check 965p motherboard's revision?

My friend has an older ds4 motherboard, and would like to update it's driver.
    But on the homepage there is two version for this board:
    rev. 1.1 and rev 2.0

I can't find, what is the motherboard revision.
    I have tried, bios/boot, manual, and also check motherboard's surface printing, but no succes.

Please help me how can I check it for sure.

Thanks in Advance,
    Pubem
    Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
    Chieftec Server case
    PSU: Corsair VX550 W
    Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
    Scythe s-flex ventillation
    RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
    GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
    HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
    Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.

Re: How to check 965p motherboard's revision?

It is printed on the corner of the PCB, bottom left under PCI Slots as shown here >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - FAQ

Drivers would be the same for both revisions, if you meant BIOS's then you do need to find out which revision you have

Comment

The mobo revision # is usually printed on the lower rear corner of the mobo on the top side.
      My mobo has: REV:1.0 PCB MADE IN CHINA
      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Thanks LSD and Jim for the answer !

Regards,
        Victor
        Last edited by pubem; 04-29-2009, 04:59 AM.
        Chieftec Server case
        Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler

Comment

Nice to see we helped, what took so long for your reply back was you doing a RMA? If so, let us know about your RMA experience please

Comment

Thanks,

No, I'm musician with some PC skills as it is our tool nowadays :-)

I transferred from old p4 (s478 p4c800e deluxe) computer to an x48 ds5 computer and for an older ds4.
            It was real pain, but the reason is simple:
            We have many long lasting project with installed softwares and projects, and the simplest way is the transfer a system for these old projects. Simply Of course, there is another system with the newest builds and drivers etc.

For first, there was half succes:
            I removed ALL drivers, and reinstalled new ones to x48, but USB ports not worked. (It's important because of the software keys)
            For second(+x) try I didn't removed USB ports, and in this way it's worked! (even with PCIe DSP cards)

The only thing that computer didn't recognize is SMBUS.
            That was the reason I have asked, what is the newest infinst and drivers for the computers.

But now I have realized that it's searching for old p4 smbus driver when I have pointing to infinst inf files.
            SMBUS is very important part of the system as I know, so I do not understand how the system is works, but it is works perfectly ! Whithout smbus...

Nice to know, that there are helping guys on this boards, thanks.

And the reason for long lasting reply was that I have very hard project in last month. But it's finished :-) On this transferred system... Without smbus.

Best Wishes
            Pubem
            Chieftec Server case
            Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler

Comment

The SMBus it is looking for is the old one, as you realized already. So no worries there. You were lucky to have transferred the whole system on a new computer without issues, XP is generally picky when it comes to new configurations and requires a reinstall most of the time.
              Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Comment

Ya, I would do a clean install myself, or at least a Microsoft XP Repair Install. That would fix you right up, of course you would then need to reinstall all windows updates but your programs and files would be left untouched.

And as for the SMBus, did you try the latest Intel Chipset drivers? You should install them anyway and that should update the SMBus driver >>
                Software License Agreement

Comment

Oh here's the topic where i should've posted about music. To the OP: Out of curiosity, what software are you using to make music? And can you recommend me a good cheap MIDI keyboard, i'm looking to get one.
                  Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Comment

Haha!!!!

Comment

Hi LSD,

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      Ya, I would do a clean install myself, or at least a Microsoft XP Repair Install. That would fix you right up, of course you would then need to reinstall all windows updates but your programs and files would be left untouched.
                      Yes clean install done of course :-), for new projects, but for old project as I said stick with it. (older software versions/plugins not always backward compatible.)
                      Works hundred times better than my p4c800e/p4 3.4 GHz) on original system :-)

XP repair install was the second I have tried, but not worked, I can't remember now what was the issue, but not worked.

And as for the SMBus, did you try the latest Intel Chipset drivers? You should install them anyway and that should update the SMBus driver >>
                      Yes of course, but If I try to install the pack, it says error message and quit then.
                      I tried to update driver on smbus and pointing to extracted inf files, but says it is for another smbus.
                      Tried to remove smbus and after windows detect it, pointing again to infinst directory , but saying it is for another version.
                      So seems to be there is another chipset driver stayed from 478 system, and detecting as 478 smbus.

BTW, I will do some ghosting and try xp repair again as you suggested, maybe for smbus only will work. (I have done it in early stage, when new drivers was not installed yet, but not worked as I said before)

Thanks for suggestions anyway.

Regards,
                      Pubem
                      Chieftec Server case
                      Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                        Oh here's the topic where i should've posted about music. To the OP: Out of curiosity, what software are you using to make music? And can you recommend me a good cheap MIDI keyboard, i'm looking to get one.
                        I think this is NOT that topic :-) BUt anyway, if moderator stick whith it in short :
                        Look at m-audio and EMU midi controllers/keyboards. :-)

Thanks for the reply about smbus. Yes, I even not thinked that even it will succes. That was the MAIN reason I don't upgraded my computer since long time: Backward compatibility. Not money or something other.
                        I'm using Cubase 5 (of course), and MANY MANY plugins, processors, dsp cards etc. Simply impossible to install all of them in right version.
                        (commercials sucks because they called for example plug autotune3.dll, and host audio software looking for that, but the plugin now is called autotune5.dll. Renaming not works here :-)
                        And when I'm talking about hundreds of freeware plugs, you will never install a new system :-)

Regards,
                        Victor
                        Chieftec Server case
                        Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler

Comment

Working...
                        X