EX58-UD5 running unstable with F6.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 running unstable with F6.

I received the board months ago with BIOS F2 and it was working fine until I updated the Bios to F6.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Windows XP is then starting normally and everything is running fine.<o:p></o:p>
    I am not overclocking at all.<o:p></o:p>
    Should I go back to Bios F2 ???

Re: EX58-UD5 running unstable with F6.

You should either Uninstall DES or Install the latest Version >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

You must uninstall the version you have installed before installing the new one

You did load and apply optimized defaults after your flash correct? If you did not then this could be part of the issue. You do have your ram and QPI Voltage set correct, if not please set your ram voltage and manually find a Stable QPI Voltage as all CPU's are different and Auto may be too much or too little

Comment

Yes I loaded the optimized defaults after the Bios flash.
      Where can I read the version of DES that I am using now ?

Comment

I am not sure, but likely if you hover the icon in the system tray or hover the tab in the taskbar. There may be an about button on the program, but Not sure.

Just install the latest to be sure, or uninstall it all together if you do not use it

Comment

I uninstall DES but there is no change XP is not starting like it should be, I have to do a reset in 70 % of the cases and then it starts always.

Comment

Working...
          X