Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Download Center

Does this actually work for anybody?

I am running Vista x64, and have tried ie7 and ie8 (downgraded from 8 to see if that would help), but I get a scripting error.

I run ie as administrator, enter download.gigabyte.com.tw, click Go, and it has a pop up saying "Download Center is supporting P4, K7 and K8 platform now!", and then a script error:
    Line: 135
    Char: 5
    Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
    Code: 0
    URL: http://download.gigabyte.com.tw

This message doesn't tell me *which* javascript file its failing in, which is annoying. Looking at the source of the two included js files isn't helping (line 135 in Driver.js is a comment, and in Var.js its a variable assignment)... but then, I am not much good at debugging issues in IE. I don't usually use it (but of course, gigabyte's download center is IE only).

So, any ideas? Anyone have this working on any OS? on vista x64?

Hmmm, ok so I just cleared the cache and tried again. This time it said "Please wait for Download DL-Program" when I clicked Go.... it then downloads something but just refreshes the current page... and eventually I get the error again.

Re: Gigabyte Download Center

I read on the Gigabyte download site that with Vista you should open the internet explorer by right clicking and selecting run as administrator. Then go to the site.
    Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 v1.0 @ F13s
    Intel Xeon E5-2670
    Intel BXRTS2011LC Liquid-cooled LGA 2011
    64GB (8x8GB) Quad Channel G-Skill Ripjaws Z series DDR3 2133
    EVGA GTX 950 FTW 2GB
    Thermaltake Armor+
    Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD
    1 x 2TB WD 2002FAEX SATA
    4 x 2TB WD 20EFRX SATA
    7 x 3TB WD 30EFRX SATA
    Seasonic X-1050 Power Supply
    ASUS RT-AC68U router
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I was doing this.

So no one uses this service at all?

Comment

I have tried with Firefox and IE 7 and I have exactly the same problem as you - "Please wait for Download DL-Program" and then no-go.

Doesn't seem to work.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem on xp.

Does anyone have a solution.

Comment

The best solution would be to use the Gigabyte site to download your updates manually.

I know that doesn't get Download Centre going for you, but if you've tried everything possible then I wouldn't waste more of your time trying.

Personally I don't like the look of the program. Its description says that it downloads and installs updates for you, including BIOS updates. I assume it tries to update your BIOS within Windows. This is something I'd never want to do.

Once you search the download page for your board, bookmark it. Should take you no longer than using Download Centre.

Before you give up on it though, check to see if the program requires a certain port or ports to be open on your machine. If so, set them open using your Router/Firewall.
            Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
            Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
            P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
            Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
            TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
            2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
            2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
            Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
            Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
            WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
            Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
            Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
            3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
            Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

^^^^ +1 for that ^^^^

I suggest you manually download and update your drivers and or BIOS (BIOS Please use Qflash here is a Guide)

Download page for all drivers
              GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

Comment

Bios aside, it seems like an easy way to keep drivers up to date (without trying to keep track of what version you have etc). Its a pity it doesn't work... and I can't even find an appropriate way to send feedback that it doesn't work.

No, its not a huge deal... but when a service is offered, it would be nice if it worked! :)

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Comment

Ya, I know what you mean for sure. Sorry I have not even ever installed/tested this program myself as I would never want it possibly installing something I did not want like an older or incorrect version.

You can keep track of what drivers you have installed with a few apps, if you need one try the app called treiberchecker (Version Checker) in this thread >>

GIGABYTE Forum

Direct link to the latest version, not listed on the main page (but it is linked there I believe)

Comment

Ah that looks perfect, cheers! :)

Comment

Yeap, it is a nice little app for sure!

It was originally made in German but I asked the creator (LordMephisto) to also add in English as best he could. We checked it over in beta and all seems well to me. At least what mattered anyhow, if you do run into issues feel free to post in his thread and he will be happy to help you with it

Comment

Originally posted by ascl View Post
                        Does this actually work for anybody?

I am running Vista x64, and have tried ie7 and ie8 (downgraded from 8 to see if that would help), but I get a scripting error.

I run ie as administrator, enter download.gigabyte.com.tw, click Go, and it has a pop up saying "Download Center is supporting P4, K7 and K8 platform now!", and then a script error:
                        Line: 135
                        Char: 5
                        Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
                        Code: 0
                        URL: http://download.gigabyte.com.tw

This message doesn't tell me *which* javascript file its failing in, which is annoying. Looking at the source of the two included js files isn't helping (line 135 in Driver.js is a comment, and in Var.js its a variable assignment)... but then, I am not much good at debugging issues in IE. I don't usually use it (but of course, gigabyte's download center is IE only).

So, any ideas? Anyone have this working on any OS? on vista x64?

Hmmm, ok so I just cleared the cache and tried again. This time it said "Please wait for Download DL-Program" when I clicked Go.... it then downloads something but just refreshes the current page... and eventually I get the error again.
                        This might help.

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Download Center
                        <<< System Summary >>>
                        > Power Supply: Cooler Master 600 watt
                        > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P rev. 1.1 bios F10
                        > HSF: Xigmatek HDT-S1283V Dark Knight
                        > Processor : Core 2 quad 2.83GHz @ 3.80GHz
                        > Physical Memory : Corsair Dominator 4GB (4 x 1GB) @ 5-5-5-15 2.1v
                        > Video Card : Ati Radeon HD 5770
                        > Operating System : Win 7 X64
                        > Case : Antec 300

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                          Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
                          The best solution would be to use the Gigabyte site to download your updates manually.
                          ^^^^ +1 for that ^^^^
                          0k, like ascl said (not ignoring your guys' further answers, but because basically they're irrelevant, despite that utility listed :)), for a newbie computer user: getting updates for Windows 7 becomes difficult.

For example, my motherboard GA-8I848P-G Realtek AC97 Driver has the latest Windows XP driver listed from: 2006/12/19 (Vista / Windows 7 not represented).

.. So, you gotta go through the Realtek website @
                          • Code:
                            http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3
                          • Code:
                            http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

& it only gets crazier after that. xd

P.S.
                          Like, I've still got an "Unsupported Standard Game Port". Totally clueless as to what it might be, lol. =)

P.P.S.
                          Microsoft update 912945 will cause conflict with GIGABYTE Download Center. Please remove Microsoft update 912945 first before using GIGABYTE Download Center.
                          ^^ AS IF I'll know if Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (beta) includes that update.. WHATEVER it is. :-D
                          Last edited by nimd4; 08-15-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

"|Standard Game Port" is usually a MIDI input/output. It was used on older boards as both a means of connecting musical instruments and as a control pad port.

For older boards that are EOL and have never been certified for Vista/Windows 7, then yes, you may have to search around for a driver.
                            Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                            Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                            P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                            Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                            TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                            2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                            2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                            Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                            Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                            WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                            Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                            Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                            3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                            Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
                            X