ep35 ds3p 2nd pci-e slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep35 ds3p 2nd pci-e slot

Can u add a 2nd video card like a geforce 8500gt for physx on this board.

Re: ep35 ds3p 2nd pci-e slot

Not sure if that would work or not? I use ATI so not sure at all. Do you not need SLI Action to enable Physix?

*EDIT*

Read the FAQ on it, and it seems SLI action is not a requirement. So you may just need to test it out. Or make a post at the Nvidia Forum and see what they have to say >>>
    PhysX FAQ

NVIDIA Forums -> CUDA GPU Computing

Please do post back to let us know what you find out from them, or from testing, so that if asked again I will know more about this. Thanks

Comment

i have a small problem. with only the 8500gt install i can enable physx but after i install my 4830 physx gets disable and gpuz report that my gpu clock is 0 memory is 0 and shader is blank. techPowerUp GPU-Z Validation m48yn

Comment

That may just be a software issue as I do not think you would see your screen if your GPU Clock was Zero.

How does a benchmark or two turn out?

Ohh, wait! I see your issue. I do not think you can use a Nvidia card and ATI together like that, or can you? Like I said I do not know much about Physx, and I do not think that works at all on a ATI Card or am I just lost all together?

I googled a bit, and it seems you can possibly with XP but not vista >>
        Running a 4870 and a 9600gt for physx??

And I see here modified drivers may be needed >>
        ATI Runs PhysX With Modified Drivers - Tom's Hardware

So I really think you need to ask this in our GFX Section here at TweakTown or at the Nvidia forums for a better answer then I can offer. I wish I knew more to help, but sadly I do not

Comment

i was able to get it to work following these steps

1. Install both sets of GPU's. Ati first then Nvidia
          2. Attach GPU's to monitors (2 preferably as you can see what you are doing)
          3. Click windows\control panel\all control panel items\display\screen resolution
          4. Click detect displays
          5. Click and switch to Ati display extended to Nvidia if not already
          6. Open CCC panel
          7. Disable CrossfireX if enabled
          8. Switch to Nvidia only display
          9. Unplug the Ati cord and enable PhysX from the nvidia control panel, leave open
          10. Plug back in the Ati cord
          11. Detect displays in the windows display control panel
          12. Extend the display over to Ati
          13. Click on the Ati display picture and check the "Make this my main display".
          14. Click on disable and enable of PhysX and hit apply. Important, if apply doesn't appear at this stage, you won't have PhysX!
          15. Leave on extended display

Comment

Thanks for posting back your method on getting this working!! Surely it will come in handy for me or someone else in the future!

For me to find in Google Later when needed >>

Lsdmeasap ATI Physx P35 P45

Thanks again, nice to see you got it working! Sorry I could not help you much, but at least with your info I will now be able to better assist others.

Comment

Working...
            X