Emergency!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency!!

OK, so tonight I decided to "enable and activate" the security chip on my motherboard. It made me enter a password and confirm the password. I wrote the password down. So I have it.

But when I use it now to enter the bios, almost everything is not accessible. I'm wondering if it's possible that I set a supervisor password previously, and the password I just entered and wrote down is only working as a user password?

Either way, how the hell do I get around this? What am I missing here?? Thanks!

(my signature has been added below)
    Last edited by Oogy; 04-29-2009, 11:04 PM. Reason: Added Signature
    Case: Lian LI
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 with Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro
    GPU: EVGA GTS 250
    Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR2-1066
    PSU: Antec 850 Watt TruePower Quattro
    HD: Western Digital Cavier Black 640GB
    DVD: SAMSUNG Black SH-S223Q 22X
    Monitor: Acer H233Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1
    Wireless Card: D-Link DWA-556

Re: Emergency!!

...and this is an emergency? You gotta get out more!

Sarcastic comments aside, I'm not going to be much help but I'm thinking that any one with helpful knowledge will need to at least know what motherboard and bios version you are using.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg View Post
      ...and this is an emergency? You gotta get out more!

Sarcastic comments aside, I'm not going to be much help but I'm thinking that any one with helpful knowledge will need to at least know what motherboard and bios version you are using.
      LOL, it's a computer emergency. And this is a computer forum. So this forum is not really about life right? Sorry about not providing my specs. I thought I had added a signature. I will do that in the next few minutes. Thanks!
      Monitor: Acer H233Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1

Comment

OK, I added a signature but it isn't coming up. I guess I have two emergencies. :)

Comment

Never mind. I guess adding a signature isn't retroactive for previous posts? That's weird.

Comment

All you need to do is either re-flash your BIOS or clear your CMOS. Please read this guide for info on doing both >>

Are you talking about the TPM Chip? If you are, you need to have the USB Stick installed with the key on it to access things you have locked

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              All you need to do is either re-flash your BIOS or clear your CMOS. Please read this guide for info on doing both >>

Are you talking about the TPM Chip? If you are, you need to have the USB Stick installed with the key on it to access things you have locked
              Thanks for the reply. Flashing my bios worked. I had to redo all of the settings which sucked. But at least it worked. Thanks again!

Comment

Nice to see you got it working!

Post back anytime if you have anymore questions or issues and we will try to help!

Comment

Working...
                X