Gigabyte Support Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Support Question

Anyone know about how long does it take for them to answer a support email?

I bought a EP45-UD3P and can't get the FSB above 390 without getting the S3 reboot issue.

Am I likely to have the same issue if I take it back and exchange it for a new one? What about if I buy new RAM??

Is there anyone running this board above 400mhz FSB, and dual-channel memory that does NOT have this problem with resuming s3?

Thanks....looking for advice on what to do next while I'm still in my return window from where i bought it.

Re: Gigabyte Support Question

Well, sometimes it only takes a day or so, others longer of course depending on the amount of staff present and issues coming in.

I can tell you right now though they do not offer support for overclocking, so your reply from them will not be what you want to hear.

What exactly do you mean by "Reboot Issue"? Do you mean it will reboot right when you put it to sleep, or will not reboot when trying to wake it, or reboot cycles when trying either? More info is needed for sure.

Are you an experienced overclocker or not? What memory are you using and how much?

S3 Issues and overclocking are hit and miss, and they are still working on the BIOS's for the UD3x models to try to resolve these issues.

A new board will not help at all. What you need to do is first of course be Sure your intended overclock is 100% stable.

I suggest you try out the latest BIOS, as that is what they have been working on as of late. You can get the latest Beta Here >>

Please do not use @BIOS to update, use Qflash. Here is a guide I wrote up on using the program >>

Comment

Well, I mean the reboot loop issue when coming out of S3 sleep. I'm on the F9 bios already. I have a Q6600 G0 with 4 x 1gb OCZ Platinum.

I'm basically upgrading from a gigabyte P965 board. Same RAM and CPU, just swapped motherboards. I was running the P965 at 400 x 8 for 3.2Ghz. I'm pretty experienced over-clocking and I'm not trying to do anything extreme.

Everything is prime stable. Only issue is a constant reboot loop when coming out of S3 sleep. Highly reproducible, happens every time. If I drop the FSB down to 390, it eliminates the problem but I'm not happy with that compromise. The issue seems to effect a lot of people.

I can wait for BIOS improvements, but if they are already to F9, I wonder how likely it is to be resolved.

Comment

Did you do clean install when coming from the 965P? If not, I do suggest you do that now.

Although you may get away with not doing so, it could give your OS Install driver issues that could give you issues when trying to resume.

S3 sleep itself though I can tell you they are still trying to correct in all UD3x model boards and I do not see any note of that being corrected in the latest BIOS for your model yet so it may not be.

You did load and apply optimized defaults and save and reboot then make your changes when you last flashed your BIOS correct? If not, you must do this. And I do not suggest using older BIOS profiles in newer BIOS as there may be visible and hidden differences that can cause you issues between BIOS versions

I am sure they will get it corrected as many users use these boards. I think they about have it for the UD3R so I am sure this model will follow. Did you try F9a and F9b? Again just wondering

Are you using a B Multi while you are over 400 FSB, just wondered? If so, do you have the same issues if you use a D multi?

You could try some of the things mentioned here if you are using Vista, worth a shot >>
        Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums

I would also try bumping your Ram voltage up a few notches or three and see if that helps as sometimes this is the issue. I do know though with a Quad above 400 FSB is often a S3 resume issue for sure.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I did do a fresh install of Vista x64 and I also have a disk with Ubuntu and both exhibit the same resume from sleep issue.

I guess I won't get too concerned with it right now. I'm running 390 x 8 for 3.12Ghz and all is fine. I wanted to go higher with a water cooling setup I have sitting in the closet but I absolutely need S3 sleep to work. My particular Q6600 G0 will hit 3.6Ghz on 1.5v and thats where I was hoping to end up.

Comment

Ya they are working on it, keeping a quad stable at that speed for S3 may be hit or miss with a working BIOS even so you may just have to settle in for a little less.

Just keep a eye on the BIOS sticky here for updates, you should see a new one soon

Comment

Stupid question time...

Are BIOS's F9a,b,c etc after F9 or are they Beta's leading up to F9?
              * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
              * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
              * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Comment

Up to

Comment

Cheers
                  * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
                  * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
                  * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Comment

Working...
                  X