EX58 UD5 psu help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58 UD5 psu help please

A little help required please... right I'm just about ready to power-up but I first need a little sanity check regarding the 8pin cpu power socket on the board.

I have an 600w OCZ stealth power supply with 2*12v 4pin aux power plugs, one will physically fit with the correct pins into the 8pin on the the MB, the second plug will not physically fit due to having non matching pins(all with one rounded side as opposed to combination of rounded and square).

The question is can I safely cannibalise an old psu for the correct fitting 4pin plug, and rewire/make an adapter?

I see no reason why this would not work, though I'd really appreciate a more qualified opinion before I toast my new hardware.

Thanks

Re: EX58 UD5 psu help please

Link to PSU Please!!

No, you should not be having to cannibalize anything, sounds like it may not have a 8pin EPS Wire

Should you feel froggy and I am gone before you reply please check here if you do cut things up >>

Be sure your PSU has the actual rails and wires you are trying to convert
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-02-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Damn, that was quick!
      psu is:
      OCZ Technology | Products | Power Management | OCZ 600W StealthXStream Power Supply

there are 2 12v 4pin cpu power, no single 8pin at all...

OCZ StealthXStream 600 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

the review states its oem by FSP and is EPS compatible.

Comment

Hmm, I see you are correct. Are you sure you do not have them switched around? Like maybe you need to try them side by side, the other way? See here it should work fine as well >>
        OCZ StealthXstream PSU - Installing and Connectors. - OCZ Forum

Comment

I see what you mean in the PDF it even looks wrong >>

The bottom one on the left should be rounded, and the bottom one on the right should be square"

WTF OCZ???

Comment

All sorted now, solution: sharp knife:-)

the wires are correctly plugged now.

power on shortly:-)

Thanks for your help Lsdmeasap

Comment

Should be round on each corner where the snap connector it, and square on the outer corners >>

If you do cut up something, just be sure all the wires match this >>

All ground pins 1-4 outside all power 5-8 on the inside (Where the clip piece it)
              All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

Comment

If you have a PSU Tester be sure to use itr before you use your board and CPU as a guinea pig

Comment

:-) happiness is an i7 :-)

booted into bios fine first try. Cpu at 14c! and 1.22v, and yes it's a D0 too.

Comment

Nice to see all is well!

Please shoot off an email to OCZ about this issue, I think this is not the first time I have seen it

Comment

Working...
                    X