Gigabyte Ep-45ud3p dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Ep-45ud3p dead?

I was running my computer, nothing was overclocked (my current cooler can't handle the Quad Core heat output, although stock idle temps were 38C and load stock was something around 50s) and my computer suddenly turned off. When I tried to restart it, everything would light up for a second and then stopped. I turned everything off, turned it back on and same deal. What should I do? Is my motherboard fried? If it is what should I do to get a fast turn around? I need this system up and running asap since i do a bulk of my work on it. I bought this motherboard in October/November time. I think I still have the receipt from Newegg.
    Last edited by wfarid; 05-02-2009, 12:37 PM.

Re: Gigabyte Ep-45ud3p dead?

on cooler.. standard intel one should be fine without overclock and theres nothing wrong with those temps (unless you are in a very cold area).

Turn off psu with its switch,wait 5 min or if you like hold down the power on button to drain residual current.

turn pc back on let it try and reboot up to 4 times.
    If it wont. Clear the cmos using the jumper specified in your manual.

Once it posts into bios using either of the methods above,load and save optimum defaults .
    Then hopefully carry on as normal after it reboots.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

tried that and it still didn't work

Comment

i put my quad core and my ram in my htpc and it runs fine. So it really is the motherboard. Blurg.

Comment

Sounds like a power issue to me, test your power supply from your HTPC with this system.
          Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
          CPU: E8400 C0
          Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
          GPU: XFX GTX280
          Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
          HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
          PSU: Corsair HX620
          Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
          CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
          Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
          HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
          Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
          Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
          Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
          Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
          James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
          Goldeneye

Comment

Please try the system again with only one stick of ram in slot one. If no luck please try to clear the CMOS using the method I outline here in Post #2 >>

RMA Turnaround time is normally 2-3 weeks or more depending on load, sometimes less though.

Does this PSU work with your HTPC, Test with a tester first if you do have one. If not you will just have to test with your other setup.

What BIOS was you using, and do you know your used settings? Have you tried the system out of the case and OFF the motherboard tray on a wooden table or cardboard box, if not try that. Use the minimal hardware ONLY CPU/Heatsink, GFX Card, and one stick of ram in slot one. NOTHING Else, this will eliminate Shorts and other faulty hardware as an issue.

If you are using RAID PLEASE Write down you which disk was connected to what port, and label the disks as well so you do not get confused. They MUST Go back into the same ports
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-03-2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X