Wierd Freezing issue after OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wierd Freezing issue after OC

You haven't really provided enough information here, however, given the two images you posted, are you sure you are running your RAM with in spec? It appears that you are trying to run 1066 or 1333 RAM at 1600.

As Capt Proton said, you need to actually post what settings are being used in the bios if you want help. My guess is your RAM isn't stable at that speed.

Comment

The ram timings are set automatically. Because I have an option checked the board auto sets it for me, so all the boxes to change them are grey.

Yes it is 1333mhz ram but I thought this was the point of overclocking? Since my initial post I have upped my CPU voltage a bit to 1.33 and changed the ram timing setting to manual I am attempting to run at 9-9-9-24, which is what the ram normally runs at 1333mhz. Should I post all my settings for the ram timings?

Comment

RAM timings, and the speed which you run it are two separate things. You should not be overclocking your RAM and your CPU at the same time, you need them separately so you know what is causing any issues that occur.

Have a read of this thread:
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...g-guide-26112/

It explains how to overclock your ram, and how to over clock your CPU, and how it should be done separately.

I think you should set your RAM back to stock settings. You get the most bang for your buck by over clocking your CPU.

Comment

Standard Timing:
          CAS latency:9 default 7
          DRAM RAS# to CAS#: 9 default 7
          DRAM RAS# precharge:9 default 7
          Precharge delay (tras):24 default 7

Comment

Advanced Timing:
            ACT toACT Delay(tRRD): Auto default 4
            Rank write to read delay: Auto default 4