Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ma790gp-ud4h bsod

My new Gigabyte MB is BSODing me..following symptoms apply:

I'm thinking it's the RAM because of right now I've changed out my 1066 for 800 DDR2 that I have lying around and so far no BSOD.

I have not been able to test the new RAM (800) with memtest to verify no error operation. Wile I have tested the other ram (1066) with memetest and get several errors before reaching 1%. Will post results when I get home tonight.

One other thing to note is that I have upped the voltage to the 1066 ram to reflect the proper voltage specified. It's set at 2.0V. I also noticed that when I went to go change the RAM out after I powered down the computer that they were LAVA hot! Is this true of most RAM? They get so hot that they are almost unbearable to handle/touch when at peak performance?

Also my NB silent pipe heastsink is freaking white hot as well but the MB shows a 52 degree case temp and the only thing at 60 or above is my Graphics card.

I had NO issues with my Intel Bad Axe 2 with a similar setup in that case(tower). I'm beginning to wonder why I am having so many issues now with this particular board.

I know this sounds like a cut and dry your RAM is jacked up but I was just wondering if I could get some answers to the MB NB "issue" that I posted and the general RAM temperature question as well.

Obviously if it is a RAM issue I need to take it up with Mushkin but I thought I'd come to you guys first.

Thanks

Re: Ga-ma790gp-ud4h bsod

Well your mushkin should not be super hot with only 2.0V are you sure that is the amount being applied when you use +0.2? You can check a few ways, one being after setting that amount reboot back to the BIOS and look in the PC Health section, or you can download and install Everest Ultimate from Here and look in the computer/sensor section and see what amount is really being applied.

If it is 2.0V or even 2.1V your ram still should not be all that hot at all unless your case has very poor airflow, then maybe it would be. I use Mushkins myself and even when I push 2.2V into them they are not all that hot

About your errors, sorry I cannot offer very sound or in depth AMD advice, but what I do know is that for 2x2GB you will need to add some Northbridge/Memory controller voltage and you may need to raise tRFC to 195 or 327. Try those things and see if your errors are corrected or not.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for the reply man. I'll DL everest tonight and verify but the Bios reads a little below in PC health what I am setting the voltage too.

ie: bios states 2.05v when upping the voltage but PC health states 2.032v or something like that.

I'll also try those settings on my NB as well tonight.

It's just weird that EVERYTHING in that PC is white hot. NB, Memory, even the Water Cooled CPU is sitting at 43C IDLE!

Whereas with my bad axe 2 board it seemed like everything was cool to the touch...and temps were way low. My c2d was 28 degrees according TAT if I remember correctly..

Also I happened to nick the PCB of my graphics card once and that thing is hot as hell too. And that is just from running memtest at the disk boot up. (made a bootable memtest 86+ v2.11 CD)

I was thinking I should get:

Newegg.com - VANTEC SP-FC70-BL 70mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Case Fans

and

Newegg.com - StarTech FANDRIVE2BK Plastic 5.25" Drive Bay Hard Drive Cooler -2 Fans - Hard Drive Cooling

to help increase airflow. If that doesn't work I'm not sure where to go with this...

Comment

Do you have 120MM case intake and exhaust fans? If not, add those if you can as you should for sure not be so hot without a huge overclock. What case do you have anyway, and what is your ambient temps?

Maybe get an Antec Spot Cool fan and point that so it blows over your ram and onto your NB, they work pretty well. Here is what I mean, and the cheapest place to get one right now if you have a Fry's/Outpost store in your area. If not newegg has them as well >>
        FRYS.com*|*Antec

@ Newegg
        Newegg.com - Antec 0761345-75018-9 Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

Comment

Good Idea on that spot fan. I had never heard of them.

Here is the link to my Tower:

Armor LCS VE2000BWS (Refurbished Product)

I was thinking about getting the:

250mm Silent Case Fan - FrozenCPU.com

But I'm unsure if I should place it so that it blows air IN or OUT of my computer.

It goes on the clear side panel in the middle closest to the bracket there.

view this link:

My ambient temps inside the case are ~51C-53C

pretty hot IMO. Should be around 40C

Comment

Here is the Sensor screen from Everest.

I also wanted to say that I've just found out my P500 TT crap pump is dying on me...this is the second pump to die on me in just over a year into it's life cycle.

2 pumps @ 2 years and 5 months altogether I think. Kind of crappy for a pump that is rated at around 80,000 hours!

80,000/24/365= just over 9 years my ass...

I just picked up this:

Welcome to FrozenCPU, support PC builders since 1999. Check out the latest and greatest PC water and air cooling components for your next build. EKWB, Mayhems, Aquacomputer, Watercool HEATKILLER, Bitspower, and more. We offer same day shipping, rewards with cash back for your next purchase, and expert support.
            Last edited by azrael888; 05-20-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

is it normal that the Phenom II 940 runs at 1.41V?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.5ghz - H2O
              Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (BIOS: F8k)
              RAM: OCZ3P1600LVAM4GK ([email protected])
              GPU: Gigabyte 9800GTX (800-1200-1800)
              PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TXEU (650W)

Comment

Well I would put the 250 sucking cold air in so it blows right over your board and memory. Of course you would need to be sure you have some good exhaust as well.

If your PSU is dying I would remove it now and not use the system if that is the only one you have. A failng PSU or one that dies in use can take ALL your hardware with it so please do not use it anymore if you think it is failing.

What pump do you use before? I been using a MCP655 myself, the one without the -B in the name for a year or two and it is still running strong. So I think you will like your new pump for sure

FYI, newegg has them cheaper so if you can cancel your order you may want to go ahead and do that. They sell the one frozen offers for $105 for $74 >>
                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-21-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I didn't even snap to think newegg had watercooling pumps..o well the order has been put in and shipped so take it as a life lesson.

I'm trying the new settings now and will report back to you when i have new info.

One other thing is I've noticed in the past with my OCZ ram that it came out to a perfect 4096MB on the computer info screen on windows..this stuff is only coming to: 4087 a full 9 MB difference from what it is rated for. Not sure if this means the RAM is faulty or not.

And my PS is NOT dying I have a PC power and cooling that thing is Bulletproof

it's my water pump you can hear the darn hting winding down...it's super lame. Can't wait to get my new pump to REALLY push some water through this bad boy. I also did end up getting the 5.25 fan along with the PCI Exhaust fan. So with the 250mm that will be alot of input output exhaust in my tower.

I'm hoping to get at LEAST 7 degrees out of moving all that air. Which should hopefully draw down my CPU temp to capable Overclocking levels.

Thanks for all your help. Will report back once I get everything installed.

Comment

Well tried your NB settings by upping my voltage and have also set my tRfc to 195 with my 5-5-5-15 settings.

I have yet to have nemore BSOD's so thats good. Still waiting on my fans to be able to push some air over all my MB to ensure proper cooling when i decide to overclock my pute..casue that was the whole point of this setup. I want to see 4.2 ghz

Will let you know what I get for my results.

Thanks for your help again.

Comment

Working...
                    X